Beast Mobile

More
3 months 5 days ago #91 by scriptninja
Replied by scriptninja on topic Beast Mobile
I'll have to follow up, then. I emailed them asking for activation instructions and never got a reply.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #92 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic Beast Mobile
I'm finally getting ready to activate my Beast Mobile SIM (things have been a little crazy the last few days) - would very much appreciate your advice and guidance on which phone I should use for activation. 

I don't have any true unlocked phone. All the phones I could use for activation started their lives on some carrier or the other. 

I have a Tracfone-Verizon Moto E5 that is now unlocked after 12 months of service.
I have access to a Visible Moto E6 that works with TMobile.
I also have an old MetroPCS J7 that was unlocked after 3 months of service. 
And an old MetroPCS LG Stylo 2Plus that was unlocked after 3 months of service.

I also have a Moto E5 Play that is in service with AT&T Prepaid. It has been on AT&T Prepaid since the day I bought it over a year ago. If I activate the Beast Mobile SIM using this phone, will it mess up my existing service with AT&T Prepaid?

Thanks for all help! I'm pretty sure my Beast Mobile adventure would have gone nowhere without help from you guys here!

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #93 by drysun
Replied by drysun on topic Beast Mobile
I would say first question is do any of them have ATTs VoLTE support? Did you try running the IMEIs through Cricket's BYOD? If no ATT VoLTE, then it likely won't activate at all when you contact Beast Mobile, based on my experience (and there will be no info as to why it won't activate).

Not sure about the prepaid/swap question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: peterquinn

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #94 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Beast Mobile
peterquinn, I'd be tempted to try the Tracfone Moto E5 if you're not using it elsewhere. I know it has good LTE band selection for AT&T-- although it might possibly be an issue next year should your Beast line still be ticking. (That phone isn't currently on AT&T's 'Compatible' list for service next year on AT&T's own branches, and they haven't made clear whether that whitelist will apply to MVNOs as well......)

The E6 will definitely work, and is on AT&T's VoLTE Compatible list for 2022.
The J7 will probably work fine, but I haven't looked at the LTE bands it supports. (And it's probably in the same boat as the Moto E5 for use on AT&T next year.)

I don't think you'll mess up anything by activating in your ATT Prepaid E5 Play, although there's a possibility you might have to do some juggling to get back to the right APN when you reinstall the current SIM. Not sure I see the advantage of activating with that phone, though, when you seem to have other good options.
The following user(s) said Thank You: peterquinn

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #95 by peterquinn
@drysun, Thanks for reminding me of the Cricket byop checker. With the exception of the Moto E6, all other phones get the "not compatible with the Cricket Network due to network changes" message.

@KentE, I too like the Moto E5 more than the E6.
But given the problems reported in this thread about activation on a non-compatible phone, I will e-mail them the IMEI for the E6 for activation. 
Hopefully, after a smooth activation, I'll be able to use the SIM with the E5 instead of the E6.

Does Beast Mobile give a phone number based on the mailing address, or can one request a number in a different zip code? (Although I don't know if it's a good idea to complicate things in any way!)

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #96 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Beast Mobile

I would say first question is do any of them have ATTs VoLTE support? Did you try running the IMEIs through Cricket's BYOD? If no ATT VoLTE, then it likely won't activate at all when you contact Beast Mobile, based on my experience (and there will be no info as to why it won't activate).

Not sure about the prepaid/swap question.

Sorry that I missed this post while typing mine earlier!   I'd entirely forgotten about drysun's experimentation with whitelisted/non-whitelisted phones from the 2022 list.
   That probably changes the picture:  I'm surprised that Beast already seems to be following the 2022 whitelist, while I haven't heard of other MVNO's that are.  (Cricket isn't an MVNO, it's owned by AT&T.)

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #97 by echance20
Replied by echance20 on topic Beast Mobile
I gave them my area code and home zip code. I did get a number based on the home zip code 

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #98 by drysun
Replied by drysun on topic Beast Mobile
I think Beast just does something in their software to activate the SIM. However, when ATT sends the signal out to activate, my SIM never got the activation signal until I put it into a whitelisted phone for a day and power cycling (I assume it took a while for ATT to recognize it was in a whitelisted phone). Once activated, when I put it into the other phones, it "worked", but instantly got a free text stating the phone wasn't supported and to upgrade my phone or something. Beast had no idea and just said they tried to email ATT support when I said mine didn't activate and said ATT said my phone wasn't "compatible". ATT did NOT provide the detail it was because it's not VoLTE/whitelisted.

As it seems the SIM can read the IMEI and send it back to the mothership, I decided to just leave it in an approved phone.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #99 by peterquinn
Do they let you know once they have activated your phone? TIA.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #100 by echance20
Replied by echance20 on topic Beast Mobile
Yes beast will E-Mail you to let you know that your sim has been activated with your phone number as well ported or assigned by beast mobile