Beast Mobile

• peterquinn
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
5 months 3 days ago #81 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic Beast Mobile
Did you guys get any sort of confirmation after you placed your orders?

I ordered the SIM (thank you for the link, by the way) about 10 days ago. Didn't get any confirmation. My credit card has been charged but I haven't received the SIM. I haven't gotten a chance to contact them and after reading the posts in this thread about their contact number, I don't know if I should even try to go down that route.

Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• redrotors
  • Smart Phone
  • Smart Phone
More
5 months 3 days ago - 5 months 3 days ago #82 by redrotors
Replied by redrotors on topic Beast Mobile
I never got any order confirmation.
Took 7 or 8 business days to arrive (I was starting to wonder also).
Arrived in handwritten address envelope (also reported by others) from Miami, FL IIRC.
You could send them an email or give your email on their "chat", they do respond eventually; In my experience 24-48 hours.

Little over a month in, 7 or 8 to go to get my $20 worth ;).
Was at a crowded venue recently and was impressed to have decent data speed while another phone on VZW MVNO crawled to unusable speed, couldn't even load email.

• drysun
  • Pigeon
  • Pigeon
More
5 months 3 days ago #83 by drysun
Replied by drysun on topic Beast Mobile
I will also confirm, there is NO confirmation at all.
I think I placed my order over the weekend and they sent it out on a Monday or Tuesday. Handwritten envelope with nothing else in it but the SIM card. Came via regular mail so probably about a week, maybe slightly more since I heard USPS is now possibly delaying first class mail in order to reduce the amount of mail being flown and instead driven to save money.

Make sure your ATT phone is VoLTE capable, turns out that's why I had issues initially trying to activate my SIM. My usual main driver is a Moto X4 unlocked (Android One) and seems ATT only whitelists their phones as VoLTE capable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

• peterquinn
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
5 months 2 days ago #84 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic Beast Mobile

Make sure your ATT phone is VoLTE capable, turns out that's why I had issues initially trying to activate my SIM. My usual main driver is a Moto X4 unlocked (Android One) and seems ATT only whitelists their phones as VoLTE capable.

Thanks for the tip. So can the SIM be activated in one phone, and then used in a different phone?

I found two lists. Don't know which list to use, hence my question above.
www.att.com/idpassets/images/support/wireless/Service-Capabilities-Unlocked-Devices-ATT-Network.pdf
www.att.com/idpassets/images/support/wireless/Devices-Working-on-ATT-Network.pdf

• KentE
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
5 months 2 days ago #85 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Beast Mobile
The second link is the most important one: it's the 'whitelist' of devices that are currently supported for use on the AT&T network from Feb 2022 on. Devices on this list are not assured compatibility with all AT&T network features, such as HD Voice or WiFi calling, but they will be supported for network access and VoLTE.

The first link (Service Capabilities) details phones that will be supported for HD Voice and/or WiFi calling. I believe that every device included on the Service Capabilities list should also appear on the "Devices Working" list.

It appears that there are compatible devices that will have network access that are not on the list-- but there is no current way to figure that out other than anecdotal user reports. A lot of questions exist: for example whether a variant of a phone model # on the "Devices Working" list will be supported or not.

I'm aware of at least 2 phones on this whitelist that are questionable, because they have a mismatch between the phone model 'name', and the specific model # that would appear in the phone settings. On those phones (both Tracfone branded Alcatel/TCL phones), I don't know which is correct.

AT&T recently removed their IMEI check tool from their website: it had been broken for months, and I'm not sure it ever gave accurate results. It's very distressing that AT&T can't even provide a working IMEI test tool for this critically important change.

The best choice I'm aware of for an IMEI compatibility check on the network is Cricket's BYOD test: still tons of flaws there, since Cricket has traditionally restricted phones beyond AT&T's network restriction. And of course, there's little way to actually check the Cricket BYOD testers accuracy. I played around with the Cricket BYOD test recently
Some Cricket BYOD test results:
It seems to reject all AT&T Prepaid branded devices, even if they're on the AT&T whitelist.
It does accept some IMEI's that are not on the AT&T whitelist.

peterquinn, of possible relevance to you: I think I remember you have a Tracfone Moto E5, either recently unlocked or waiting to be unlocked: my Tracfone Moto E5 does not pass the Cricket BYOD test. (Some other Tracfone branded devices do pass, and some are specifically included in the 'Devices Working' whitelist.)

• drysun
  • Pigeon
  • Pigeon
More
5 months 2 days ago #86 by drysun
Replied by drysun on topic Beast Mobile
I have a Huawei Ascend which is what finally let the SIM activate. I did try moving it into other phones and the ones that did NOT support VoLTE got a text immediately saying something to the effect, this phone isn't supported, please upgrade. Technically it did still work (voice on 3g and mobile data), but since their system can see which IMEI, I decided not to fool around and move it back to the Huawei in case their system decided to disable the SIM for being in an unsupported phone for too long.

Per KentE, I also tried using the Cricket checker and got mixed results. I have like 4-5 different phone models from ~2017 and some it said good to go, others said it won't work. The ones it said were good, worked with the SIM. The ones it said won't work was mixed as some did have VoLTE options in the settings and did actually work, while those without VoLTE in the settings didn't. I will note that my working phones are on the second list (almost, the Huawei Ascend is model H1611, but they list H1711 twice, so I think they have a typo and one of them was supposed to be H1611).

• bingyee
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
5 months 2 days ago #87 by bingyee
Replied by bingyee on topic Beast Mobile
I activated my line on an iPhone SE but recently moved it to a Galaxy J3 (J327A), which is also on the whitelist. I'm doing an experiment that requires the SIM to stay there for 6 months. The J3 is a prepaid phone that returns a message on AT&T's unlock portal saying that I need to have 6 months of prepaid service in order to qualify for unlock. I noticed that the top right corner of my iPhone SE shows "AT&T" as the carrier instead of Beast, whereas my FreedomPop SIM shows as "RedPocket" and FreeUp shows as "FreeUp." Beast might be too small for AT&T to differentiate, so maybe having it on Beast for 6 months will qualify me for the unlock.

• scriptninja
  • Pigeon
  • Pigeon
More
5 months 1 day ago #88 by scriptninja
Replied by scriptninja on topic Beast Mobile
Oh, I suppose I should follow up on the email I sent them a few weeks ago asking how to activate. Unless just putting the sim in a compatible phone is supposed to do it automatically.

• redrotors
  • Smart Phone
  • Smart Phone
More
5 months 1 day ago - 5 months 1 day ago #89 by redrotors
Replied by redrotors on topic Beast Mobile

Oh, I suppose I should follow up on the email I sent them a few weeks ago asking how to activate. Unless just putting the sim in a compatible phone is supposed to do it automatically.

Did you get a response?
Insert sim & boot up before I contacted them didn't work for me.
I don't think anyone else has reported that they got activated by simply insering sim & booting up the phone. Have to contact them.
Maybe they acted on your email and you can just boot up now? Could be if you gave them the sim # in the email.

• sblake5
  • Pigeon
  • Pigeon
More
5 months 11 hours ago #90 by sblake5
Replied by sblake5 on topic Beast Mobile
You have to send them an email with your sim number (ICCID) the IMEI of the phone you want to activate it in, your address and area code. They will activate it and send a email to confirm in an hour or less.