Beast Mobile

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #41 by echance20
Replied by echance20 on topic Beast Mobile
You Welcome!! glad it worked out for you!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #42 by scriptninja
Replied by scriptninja on topic Beast Mobile

I threw away the debit card offer. I'm a minimalist when it comes to debit/credit cards. Nowhere on the sign up page does it say you 'have to' use the so far nonexistent app. I have no idea hot this can work long term.

The only reason I haven't thrown out the debit card application yet is because on the off chance that the app and whatever rewards program actually work far better than it is realistic to expect, and the debit card is somehow tied in as the most convenient and straightforward way to get rewards out, which also seems unrealistic to expect, there is a faint possibility if might be worth having.

But yeah, personally I am expecting this to go at best the way of Surge Mobile. Which to be fair, at the point I gave up on it, I think still had borderline competitive rates for what they provided, if you just paid for it and didn't bother with the app.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #43 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Beast Mobile

I threw away the debit card offer. I'm a minimalist when it comes to debit/credit cards. Nowhere on the sign up page does it say you 'have to' use the so far nonexistent app. I have no idea hot this can work long term.

The only reason I haven't thrown out the debit card application yet is because on the off chance that the app and whatever rewards program actually work far better than it is realistic to expect, and the debit card is somehow tied in as the most convenient and straightforward way to get rewards out, which also seems unrealistic to expect, there is a faint possibility if might be worth having.

But yeah, personally I am expecting this to go at best the way of Surge Mobile. Which to be fair, at the point I gave up on it, I think still had borderline competitive rates for what they provided, if you just paid for it and didn't bother with the app.

Given the scant information available from Beast, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the debit card might be needed for the purpose of applying rewards to the Beast line.   Seems like one of the iterations of the Surgephone rewards system did something similar, and it seems like Moolah (which SurgePhone used for a while) might have been set up that way.

I've looked on the Play Store, too, and don't see any evidence of a Beast Mobile earnings app. Google Play has enough problems policing apps to weed out the malicious ones, and I personally wouldn't be inclined to load an app from a source without any vetting.  I'm looking forward to hear reports on the app, earnings process, etc.  (Thanks to all you brave intrepid souls!)

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #44 by bingyee
Replied by bingyee on topic Beast Mobile

I've looked on the Play Store, too, and don't see any evidence of a Beast Mobile earnings app. Google Play has enough problems policing apps to weed out the malicious ones, and I personally wouldn't be inclined to load an app from a source without any vetting.  I'm looking forward to hear reports on the app, earnings process, etc.  (Thanks to all you brave intrepid souls!)

I have not ordered and am content to wait for now.  However, it struck me that everyone is assuming that this is for Android phones only, not iPhone. Perhaps that's because the Surge deal was supposedly only for android. However, I haven't seen anything from Beast saying that there is an android-only restriction.

I will say that I did do the Surge deal by loading the android app onto one of my older non-workhorse phones and then just using the SIM on an older iPhone.  It actually came in handy because someone in my family lost his regular line for 3 weeks during that period.  Unfortuatnely, Surge caught up with me after a few months and cut my line for violating their terms of service.  I couldn't even port out my line for a $50 xfinity GC because they gave me the run-around and then just gave the number to someone else in only one week after my line was cut.  

More
4 months 1 week ago - 4 months 1 week ago #45 by sblake5
Replied by sblake5 on topic Beast Mobile
I have two lines with Beast. One has been active for 2 weeks and the other for 1 week. I have not received any messages from them by email or text about loading or using the app, or anything pertaining to the debit card. And, as of yet, there is nowhere you can go to check usage, etc.  i tried *3282# but the response I get is "This information is not available for your account type"

More
4 months 1 week ago #46 by redrotors
Replied by redrotors on topic Beast Mobile
Other than being told there would be a link to an app that I should download which never arrived I have no other evidence of it. The pic. I posted was for an at&t app.

When my phone got provisioned/activated a bunch of at&t contacts got put in my contacts, the one to check data is as posted by sblake5 & I get the same (useless) response.

I got a phone call from Beast as a followup to one of the VM I left them to get activated, only took them a few days to respond ;( Since I was already activated I asked about the app. The response was basically it's coming, don't know when, "soon" - undefined. What will it be, what will I do with it? Person who called me claimed to not know anything about how it is supposed to work. Wish I could report more useful information.

More
4 months 4 days ago #47 by sblake5
Both lines still working 3 wks and 2 wks respectively. No contact from Beast Mobile, no prompts to load the app, none of that. And the offer still appears to be open.

More
4 months 23 hours ago #48 by johnsmith
Replied by johnsmith on topic Beast Mobile

I did. Just don’t port from att or att mvno there is a extra step beast put you through to get the number released.  I ordered sim it take as long as 5 days to come in mail. Don’t call the beast phone number no one answers. You need to email salesATbeastmobile.com  (AT =@) send in SIM card number and phone imei number name and address they will ask for

How did you port in? Do they offer that option when you try to activate?

More
4 months 23 hours ago - 4 months 23 hours ago #49 by sblake5
They ask for your phone number and current carrier on the order form.  I just put "none" in both boxes since I had no plans of porting..

The following user(s) said Thank You: johnsmith

More
4 months 23 hours ago #50 by johnsmith
Replied by johnsmith on topic Beast Mobile

They ask for your phone number and current carrier on the order form.  I just put "none" in both boxes since I had no plans of porting..

Thanks for the info.
Is the 1 Gig a hard cap or slow data after?
This really seems too good to be true for sustainability especially with no Ad revenue APP but you never know.... :)