Visible is introducing Party Pay, get 4 lines and pay $25 for each line

• Zubrin
  • Zubrin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cans+String
  • Cans+String
More
1 week 5 days ago #41503 by Zubrin
Visible just ended its referral program and introduced its new Party Pay program.

4 lines $25/line
3 lines $30/line
2 lines $35/line

This is big, it will beat ANY wireless plan on the market.
Unlimited calling, texting, LTE data on device and unlimited hotspot LTE data with a 5 Mbps speed cap.

www.visible.com/party-pay
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Chelle, PEW, Isamorph, mmfacemm, realLexusl21, Diedrich_Duo, KBOrtega

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #41509 by mmfacemm
That is really interesting. I like how they are encouraging random people to join together but the accounts stay separate. It is a great idea.

If anyone start a party here feel free to post any free spots!

Combined with the $200 mastercard offer for a new phone this sounds excellent.

More
1 week 5 days ago #41511 by KBOrtega
Reminds me of Framily. FWIW, don't overlook Rakuten (aka Ebates) discounts.

More
1 week 4 days ago #41514 by joseph
Do they accept Android phones yet?

More
1 week 4 days ago #41516 by 112059

joseph wrote: Do they accept Android phones yet?

Yes, but very limited. Here's a few that work, Galaxy S9, Pixel 3, Moto G7 Power. They have their branded ZTE for $19 that works. Pretty hard to beat for a starter phone.

www.visible.com/shop/smartphones/visible-r2-zte
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
1 week 4 days ago #41517 by peterquinn
When Visible first launched, I had considered them as an alternative to home internet. At that time, their CS told me that their hotspot only supported one device at a time. Does anyone know if that has changed?

More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #41518 by johnsmith

peterquinn wrote: When Visible first launched, I had considered them as an alternative to home internet. At that time, their CS told me that their hotspot only supported one device at a time. Does anyone know if that has changed?

They have that stipulation in fine print on their site.

More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #41519 by KentE

johnsmith wrote:

peterquinn wrote: When Visible first launched, I had considered them as an alternative to home internet. At that time, their CS told me that their hotspot only supported one device at a time. Does anyone know if that has changed?

They have that stipulation in fine print on their site.

I wonder if something similar to this from the Queen of the Nerds could help:
www.nthcircle.com/forum/big-four/2924-t-mobile-home-internet-50

(No offense intended-- Chelle already fessed up to that title.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

More
1 week 4 days ago #41527 by st3fx

If Visible "hotspot" includes USB tether, DD-WRT firmware supports USB tether as WAN. Technically, the DD-WRT router would be the "one" device, handling NAT, etc. for other devices. wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Cellular_Phone/USB_Modem_as_WAN_connection

Not sure about DD-WRT, but Wifi as WAN is supported by some commercial routers (eg; Pepwave, Cradlepoint, etc.)

More
1 week 3 days ago #41536 by LiterallyUnlimited
This is basically Framily. I hated saying that phrase, and I worked for Sprint at the time so I said it ALL THE TIME.

The problem with tying your discount to strangers on the internet is if they stop paying, your bill goes up.

I know that new people can come in to replace, and the relatively small number for max discount makes that easier, but I haven't seen anything that says that new Party members can be existing lines. They almost assuredly have to be new lines of service or ports. That's a big ask to place that much trust in people you don't know.

Good luck, Visible!