Surgerewards - new rewards program for surgephone

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #42154 by mmfacemm
Looks like they are changing the starter plan to 250 minutes/250 texts and 150mb . That is what shows when I log in. Still says $10. No confirmation/announcement yet from surge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, realLexusl21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #42182 by scriptninja
You can log into the new portal? Interesting. I can't.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #42185 by mmfacemm

scriptninja wrote: You can log into the new portal? Interesting. I can't.

They gave me the password over chat. It isn't the same as the old password. So yes they messed that up.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #42196 by scriptninja

mmfacemm wrote:

They gave me the password over chat. It isn't the same as the old password. So yes they messed that up.

Well, it'd be worse if they could have given you your old one. I suppose there's some possibility they're handling it responsibly, at least. But only if once you have the new one you can change it...and they can't tell you what it is after that.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #42197 by mmfacemm

scriptninja wrote:

mmfacemm wrote:

Well, it'd be worse if they could have given you your old one. I suppose there's some possibility they're handling it responsibly, at least. But only if once you have the new one you can change it...and they can't tell you what it is after that.

yes you can change it yourself online.

Not much new other than a couple of add ons you can buy (2gb for $10 and a talk pack) and option to autopay. You can't see your remaining balance any more though nor your last renewal date.

So some steps forward and some back.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #42204 by scriptninja
I got set up on the new portal and changed my password. David gave me a link to the surgerewards page and told me it was for everything I needed to know about the rewards app, so in my feedback for the chat I remarked that I was assuming that meant the Surgephone website still had the correct allotments and that I no longer needed to do anything but have the app installed to renew.

I like the part where the Sweet plan says it's $0. Less so the fact that when I try to switch to it and check out using my $0 balance, it doesn't actually let me (the error message says "Transaction amount is required.")

Does your dashboard show a plan expiry date? (Mine says "NA")

I suppose I will keep the sim installed and see what happens, for now. Until they actually cut my service off for neither having enough points nor giving them more actual money, they still have a fingernail's edge over FreeUp (for having any data at all - "250 minutes or texts" and "250 minutes and 250 texts" are functionally equivalent for me) since the unlock ads don't bother me much.

I do consider the experience worth what I paid for it so far, but unfortunately, if they really have dropped the Starter allotments as the new portal indicates while still charging $10 for it...it's no longer a decent deal without the rewards app covering it effortlessly.

More
1 month 1 week ago #42223 by scriptninja
I got some updates, however reliable they may be. First, the price for the Sweet plan in the new portal has been corrected. Also, according to Juan via SnapEngage:
  • The 250 minutes, 250 texts, and 100mb the portal displays for the Starter plan is incorrect, and it's showing that way due to the move to the new platform being incomplete. The starter plan is still, according to him, unlimited text; 16 hours talk; and 1GB data.
  • Self-service application of credit from SurgeRewards is still not ready, so renewal still requires contacting customer service.
  • He clarified that the $10 discount will require 10,000 points, but I just realized I did not get him to make it 100% clear whether that already applies or is going to once self-service is ready (and if I've been following correctly, we currently have one data point on either side of that question).
  • He also said "if time comes for your renewal and you dont have the 10, 000 points then you will be able to pay the difference" which is slightly interesting - thus far I had been assuming it would be either you get a $10 credit that month or you don't.

I didn't go ahead and try to renew because, for one thing, if I haven't lost track, I SHOULD have until tomorrow morning; also, I missed the deadline last month and ended up just being without service for part of a weekend; and - assuming they treat me like LouP and not drysun - I still haven't decided whether it's worth $10 to me (well, closer to $8 apparently) to stick with it another month and see if earning points gets easier.

Drysun, if you're still following, do you mind mentioning how you know a store check-in is worth 50 (such as, if it's because you've gotten one, sharing where)? I've never seen one. I mostly just get unlock ads for Visible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #42231 by scriptninja
I tried another chat this evening just to see if I would luck out and be renewed for one more month despite not having the points for it. No dice; actually Oswald said my account shows no credit, which has me wondering if the oddity with my ICCID is actually preventing my points from applying correctly and that's why I never see in-store check-in opportunities and my point total always resets to a multiple of five when I do my daily check-in.

He escalated me so they could look into that, but...I was really only seeing whether I could squeeze one more month out of it. I'd have to be earning points fast enough to offset more than $5/mo for sticking with it to look better for me than other available options. So I think what I'll do is swap the sim back into the phone I used to connect it to the app, keep doing my daily check-ins...maybe even keep that phone in the car and see if I can ever turn up any in-store check-ins by taking it shopping...but mainly find out what happens to my portal and my phone if I let my service lapse but don't close out anything, and if it seems to shape up to a point where it's worth it again (or my usage skyrockets to where the $10 plan is actually good for me at that price), subsequently find out whether I can reactivate it easily.

...All starting this weekend, since he told me I'm good through the 15th (I thought my term was up tomorrow).

More
1 month 1 week ago #42243 by drysun
I have only seen store check-in ads pop up in two places. Walmart and Food Lion. I usually have data turned off, but when I saw it, I turned data on just to try it and I did get credited 50 points (I forget what the popup says, think it was along the lines of Walmart has an ad for 50 points, would you like to view it?) I don't know how long you have to wait to get another one though as one day I went to both Walmart and Food Lion and only saw the check-in for Walmart since that's where I went first. I had gone to the Food Lion right after that.

Do note that I do have location turned on since I keep that phone handy in case I ever go somewhere I need to use Google Maps. Data only gets turned on when I need it, otherwise it's off and I just use wifi.

More
1 month 1 week ago #42244 by realLexusl21
Seems Sammy that they don't give you the opportunity to earn enough for a month at a time.