Surgerewards - new rewards program for surgephone

More
1 week 3 days ago #41547 by LouP
I was wondering if anyone has tried to renew the free plan under the new surgerewards. I chatted with the rep and asked what needed to be done to qualify for free service ($10 plan) with the new app and she indicated that it only had to be installed and remain active (similar to the moolah app), but this could change in the future.

Her answer was:

"For the moment, the only thing you need to do is keep the app on your phone for the credit to be applied to your SurgePhone account. This may be subject to change but this is all you need to do for now."

My plan is up for renewal next week, so I guess I will find out then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, scriptninja

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JS
  • Pigeon
  • Pigeon
More
1 week 3 days ago #41548 by JS
My month on the free plan should be expiring in the next day or so. Not sure if I will renew it since getting the service for gratis seems almost impossible now.

How does this process work anyway? If I fail to reach $10 in Surgerewards, then I have to pay the difference each month? Or is it: I have to reach $10 in rewards to get any service?

For instance, what would happen if it takes me an average of 3 months to achieve $10?

• JS
  • Pigeon
  • Pigeon
More
1 week 1 day ago #41584 by JS
As mentioned, my month was up so I called them this past weekend. Customer service just renewed with no mention of the new Surgerewards app. Person never even asked whether I had any app (Moolah or Surgerewards) installed. My phone used on Surge currently has only the Moolah app.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, mmfacemm, LouP

More
1 week 12 hours ago - 1 week 12 hours ago #41598 by LouP
I renewed my free plan today successfully thru chat.

The rep asked me if I had the surgerewards app installed and how many points I had. I had 2100 points which includes the 2000 points for activating the app and 100 points I guess I accumulated. I want to point out that I did not swipe any ads or actively use the app. I guess those minimal points accumulated when I would start the phone and a commercial would start which I would quickly close.

I then asked the rep if there was any minimal amount of points that were needed per month to renew the free plan and his respone was that there was not. He just wanted to know the amount of points I had accumulated so when he renewed the plan, those would not be lost. It make me wonder if they have any way to track the points. Oh well, at least service remains free up until now with almost no effort. We'll see how long it lasts but I have definitely gotten my $10 worth (the cost of the inital SIM)for the past 4 months of service.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm

More
1 week 11 hours ago #41601 by mmfacemm
Was told different but glad it worked for you. They may be allowing some slack as they transition over. I don't like the uncertainty but will ride it out for as long as it lasts.