Surgerewards - new rewards program for surgephone

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #41446 by shatheone
seems like a i joined surge right when theyre about to go off the deep end. the new surge rewards app looks like something similar to cellnuvo, certainly not interested in that model.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 20 hours ago #41450 by KentE

shatheone wrote: seems like a i joined surge right when theyre about to go off the deep end. the new surge rewards app looks like something similar to cellnuvo, certainly not interested in that model.

Yeah, it seems similar. Of course, there were a fair number of us who got good service from CellNuvo when they were providing cell service directly.

I don't have it at hand, but I ran across an interesting article written a few years ago by a guy that seemed to be a successful MVNO consultant when I perused the site. He expected that the new important trend would be paid-for-by-others cellular service, & that it was feasible and workable. Unfortunately, the page had not been updated since then-- I was definitely curious about how he might have viewed some of the recent attempts at same, and whether he remained bullish on the concept.
The following user(s) said Thank You: realLexusl21

More
2 weeks 36 minutes ago #41466 by scriptninja
I managed to get signed up in the new app by registering using one phone and then switching the sim and signing in from the one I actually want to use. Hopefully referral crediting is working and this will be of benefit to mmfacemm as well.

I wonder if there's anything useful I can do with 8000 Moolah.

More
1 week 6 days ago #41469 by mmfacemm
Nothing showing up on my end but thanks anyway. Hopefully something will register eventually.

More
1 week 6 days ago #41473 by KentE

mmfacemm wrote: Nothing showing up on my end but thanks anyway. Hopefully something will register eventually.

Of all the things that small MVNOs do wrong, referral programs that don't work irk me the most.
I understand service glitches, poor explanations & documentation, untrained CS agents. But a referral program is totally under control of the MVNO, and once they offer it, they should honor it.

Frankly, a small MVNO that does everything else right would not need a referral program.

More
1 week 6 days ago #41478 by mmfacemm
Do note they changed the wording to "Your first $10 earned each month is automatically applied as a $10 credit to your SurgePhone wireless bill". It was $1 when I first posted about this. So looks like they require you to earn the full $10 now. Not a chance with one ad earning 0.1c. I'd have to watch 10,000 ads a month.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, realLexusl21

More
1 week 6 days ago #41479 by scriptninja

mmfacemm wrote: Do note they changed the wording to "Your first $10 earned each month is automatically applied as a $10 credit to your SurgePhone wireless bill". It was $1 when I first posted about this. So looks like they require you to earn the full $10 now. Not a chance with one ad earning 0.1c. I'd have to watch 10,000 ads a month.

Oh, are your video credits actually sticking around? Mine seem to disappear within a few hours and a couple of times I've gotten a "pick this color" screen that I believe said something like "you've been caught by our security, if it keeps happening we'll kick you out of the program" or something along those lines. I'll pay closer attention if I see it again.

...$10 would be what, 2000 daily checkins? At that point they kinda seem to be trying to get me to use tracfone. Well, at least I essentially got three months with the SIM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
1 week 5 days ago #41480 by bingyee
They kicked me off. My free plan expired around the 20th. I was holding the number to see if I could port it over to Xfinity in case they had another of those BYOD promotions where you can get a rebate. But I called my number and it's been completely deactivated. Not sure exactly when.

No big loss. I wasn't staying with them.

More
1 week 3 days ago #41534 by joeuser
I contacted customer service and was told to uninstall the Moolah app and install the SurgeRewards app as Bingyee noted above, even though they didn't mention this just 2 weeks ago when I renewed by free plan.

After trying the SurgeRewards app for a few days, it looks like the free ride is over.
In 2 days I was able to collect $0.12 with about 5 minutes of effort.
This combined with the $2.00 starting balance, brings me to $2.12.

As mentioned earlier the ads aren't white listed, so my data is being chewed up by this effort, too.
Then only the first 500MB are at 4G speeds, then the last 500MB at 256K, creates a problem if my fast data is all chewed up watching ads.

I pulled the sim from my android phone and put it in an iphone so I can at least enjoy the last few weeks of the free plan.
I'm on the fence about paying $10 a month with no extra taxes for 1000 min, 4000 texts, 1000MB on T-mobile when Mintsim is a better deal and they have the promo going right now with more data.

More
1 week 3 days ago #41535 by KentE
No question that a Mint promo is a better deal. The question becomes is it a better deal long-term?
That is dependent on how much of everything one uses, and whether or not you're okay pre-paying for service in blocks.

Example: Even when I've been on an unlimited (or at least 'effectively' unlimited) for me, I typically use far less than Surgephone's $10 plan includes. Prepaying for a year of Mint 3GB is a 'better deal' at $15/mo-- but in my case it's $5 more per month for something I'm not likely to use anyway. For most users, that probably doesn't hold true, though.