Xfinity Mobile changes

More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #39877 by mmfacemm
"For accounts opened after 7/31/19, with By the Gig lines, a minimum $12.00 charge applies per month, regardless of data usage. Data charge applies to each GB or partial GB of shared data. Data shared monthly with other By the Gig lines. No rollover data."

Old accounts remain under the old rules so you can add new lines etc under the old rules.

There is also a $20 charge per month if you do not maintain another xfinity service (up from $10)

And a couple of new plan tiers:
3gb for $30
10gb for $60

A few other changes so check out the website for full details:
www.xfinity.com/mobile/plan

Unfortunately not as good a deal for new customers but at least old ones get to keep their plans.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #39878 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Xfinity Mobile changes
I'm not an Comcast customer, so I'm not that familiar with the old plan-- other than the minimum charge now being $12, are there significant changes to the 'By The Gig' plan?

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #39879 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Xfinity Mobile changes

KentE wrote: I'm not an Comcast customer, so I'm not that familiar with the old plan-- other than the minimum charge now being $12, are there significant changes to the 'By The Gig' plan?

preview.redd.it/u8gz83nh2gd31.jpg?width=576&auto=webp&s=2a2262bae4a7cbde6edcd1faadd615a9a5f5cafa

It can now be deprioritized when the network is congested which is a big change. Costs $20 to remove that.

No 100mb free.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #39880 by joseph
Replied by joseph on topic Xfinity Mobile changes
The $12 minimum is per line or per account?

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #39884 by bingyee
Replied by bingyee on topic Xfinity Mobile changes
This change makes it a good costly to maintain talk and text lines on Comcast, which I've been doing. Currently, I maintain 3 lines which are actually used by my parents in a city not serviced by Comcast and a 4th one as a personal backup. I pay only about $2.50 in taxes and fees for each line for unlimited talk and text. All phones have data turned off at all times, so I never get charged by the gig.

I generally use the 4th and 5th slots for going through 3-4 month activation/deactivation churn cycles to take advantage of Xfinity's iPhone BYOD promotions. This requires a port-in, and I've been using freedompop numbers for that. You also have to maintain an inventory of spare iPhones...I used to do this with a 5s and 5c but had to upgrade to iPhone 6. I've already earned $600 this year doing this. I made quite a bit more last year when the rebate was $150/line and my parent's lines were new.

It looks like with these changes, someone newly signing up for Xfinity Mobile will pay an extra $12 for what I do.