Surgephone - new free mvno

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #38788 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Surgephone - new free mvno

lexusl21 wrote: Not sure I like the idea this thing spying on me 24/7

No I am not keen on this one either. A homescreen launcher is very invasive and there are a lot of permissions and access you have to give to them. It is a pretty bad launcher as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #38789 by realLexusl21

mmfacemm wrote:

lexusl21 wrote: Not sure I like the idea this thing spying on me 24/7

No I am not keen on this one either. A homescreen launcher is very invasive and there are a lot of permissions and access you have to give to them. It is a pretty bad launcher as well.

Seems to be b. A. D. Bad

Who let all these trolls back in? I refuse to talk to them. Let them go back to Reddit

More
2 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 4 weeks ago #38801 by mmfacemm

CharlieB wrote:

LouP wrote:
I odered a SIM for $10...I figured it is a small amount to pay to try it out. I will report back to let everyone know how it is working.

They told me the same thing and they were nice enough to send me the sim for free

There is a $10 activation fee.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #38805 by LouP
Replied by LouP on topic Surgephone - new free mvno

mmfacemm wrote:

CharlieB wrote:

LouP wrote:
I odered a SIM for $10...I figured it is a small amount to pay to try it out. I will report back to let everyone know how it is working.

They told me the same thing and they were nice enough to send me the sim for free

There is a $10 activation fee.

That is correct....the SIM was free....I paid $10 for the activation fee which has not yet been charged....I am using privacy.com for the credit card so as not to get hit with unexpected fees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: realLexusl21

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #38817 by CharlieB
Replied by CharlieB on topic Surgephone - new free mvno
Hi LouP - Thanks for keeping us informed on your progress and for the useful tips. It is much appreciated!

I am planning to use Surgephone for an emergency phone. I like that the network is t mobile and for me, an emergency phone is not just a literal emergency but any situation where I need to use another phone. So to have free data on a free plan works really well for me.

I plan to wipe an older phone, remove bloat and then use a different google account to keep things light as possible and separate.

Thank you!

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #38823 by mmfacemm

CharlieB wrote:
I am planning to use Surgephone for an emergency phone. I like that the network is t mobile and for me, an emergency phone is not just a literal emergency but any situation where I need to use another phone. So to have free data on a free plan works really well for me.

I plan to wipe an older phone, remove bloat and then use a different google account to keep things light as possible and separate.

Don't bother. Listen to this guy instead

CharlieB wrote: Paying saves you time and aggravation.

It gives you more time for other things and time is the most precious resource anyone has.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #38826 by CharlieB

mmfacemm wrote:

CharlieB wrote:

It gives you more time for other things and time is the most precious resource anyone has.

Hi mmfacemm - I don't understand your point. Can you explain?

Thank you.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #38827 by mmfacemm

CharlieB wrote:

mmfacemm wrote:

CharlieB wrote:

Hi mmfacemm - I don't understand your point. Can you explain?

Thank you.

Sure you keep saying how great freedompop is and how you are going to try surge and then you also say free is a waste of time. Make your mind up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: realLexusl21

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #38834 by CharlieB

CharlieB wrote:

mmfacemm wrote: Hi mmfacemm - I don't understand your point. Can you explain?

Thank you.

Sure you keep saying how great freedompop is and how you are going to try surge and then you also say free is a waste of time. Make your mind up.

OK, thank you for explaining. Unfortunately, I respectfully believe you have reached an overly simplified understanding on my viewpoints and thinking on freedompop, surge and free which renders your point and advice misguided.

Thank you.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #38838 by realLexusl21
Mmfacemm advice is sound as a dollar