Surgephone - new free mvno

More
3 months 1 day ago - 3 months 1 day ago #38555 by mmfacemm
Here we go again....

www.surgephone.com

Tmobile free plan with 960 minutes/unlimited texts and 1gb. Free if you use the moolah mobile app they have partnered with which is a custom homescreen launcher with ads. Not great reviews on the playstore. If you don't use the app then the plan becomes $10 a month which isn't too bad. play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moolahmobile.moolahsystem

You can download the app now and try it out before buying the sim etc. I tried it out but haven't seen an ad yet. The homescreen launcher is slow.

$10 for the sim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
3 months 1 day ago #38556 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Surgephone - new free mvno
I guess it really depends on what that moolah app is doing on your phone... At this point, it might be better to go with Sprint $25 Kick start for unlimited everything.

More
3 months 1 day ago #38558 by realLexusl21
Is the allotments per month?

More
3 months 1 day ago #38560 by Diedrich_Duo

lexusl21 wrote: Is the allotments per month?

Yes, looks like they are per month.
The following user(s) said Thank You: realLexusl21

More
3 months 1 day ago #38561 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Surgephone - new free mvno
From the fine print:
"Discounted plan pricing is based on the Moolah application being loaded and active on the device associated with your SurgePhone account. If the Moolah application is removed, disabled, altered, or inactive, your current plan cost will increase by $10/monthly. Such plan increase will be at the sole discretion of the Company, and will occur with or without notice."

Not many reviews on the Play store, but one mentions excessive battery drain.

More
3 months 1 day ago #38562 by realLexusl21

KentE wrote: From the fine print:
"Discounted plan pricing is based on the Moolah application being loaded and active on the device associated with your SurgePhone account. If the Moolah application is removed, disabled, altered, or inactive, your current plan cost will increase by $10/monthly. Such plan increase will be at the sole discretion of the Company, and will occur with or without notice."

Interesting I was going to ask if we could be on another phone. The app separate from the one using the minutes. Too bad

More
3 months 1 day ago - 3 months 1 day ago #38563 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Surgephone - new free mvno
It is a really bad app. I would not recommend it. Still no ads delivered and it is slow and buggy and no doubt a huge resource drain.

More
3 months 1 day ago #38564 by 112059
Replied by 112059 on topic Surgephone - new free mvno
Did Karl finally get his app running?
The following user(s) said Thank You: joseph, mmfacemm

More
3 months 1 day ago #38567 by realLexusl21

lexusl21 wrote:

KentE wrote: From the fine print:
"Discounted plan pricing is based on the Moolah application being loaded and active on the device associated with your SurgePhone account. If the Moolah application is removed, disabled, altered, or inactive, your current plan cost will increase by $10/monthly. Such plan increase will be at the sole discretion of the Company, and will occur with or without notice."j

Interesting I was going to ask if we could be on another phone. The app separate from the one using the minutes. Too bad

Question:. I thought all you had to do is install the app? To get the free service?

Do you have to earn credits?

How does it work exactly?

More
3 months 1 day ago - 3 months 1 day ago #38574 by puppydude

Moolah Mobile is a Free Android Ecosystem that pays you to use your phone. Moolah Mobile comes standard with a digital wallet and custom Home-Screens. In each Home-Screen, you will see ads that do not interrupt your phone usage. For each ad that you see in the selected Home-Screen, we deposit 10% of what we were paid in Moolah (M!), the digital currency of the system, into your wallet in real time. Moolah (M!) can be used to pay your pre-paid phone bills worldwide,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moolahmobile.moolahsystem&hl=en_US

Best I can tell from the mostly negative reviews it take 50000 points for 5 dollars and 100000 points for 10 dollars.How many ads you must see to accumulate points is anybody's guess.