Speedtalk 1 year deal

• PEW
  • PEW's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #37752 by PEW
Speedtalk 1 year deal was created by PEW
slickdeals.net/f/13101538-speedtalk-40-off-every-1-year-plan-ebay-unlimited-talk-text-2gb-data-for-96-and-more-59-4

Unlimited talk, text and 2 GB LTE [ebay.com] $96
500 Talk, Unlimited text and 1 GB LTE [ebay.com] $59.40
Unlimited Talk, Text and Data w/ 3 GB LTE [ebay.com]$149.40

Update:
Thanks, that was a quick removal, not sure what happened.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph, st3fx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #37753 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Speedtalk 1 year deal

PEW wrote: slickdeals.net/f/13101538-speedtalk-40-off-every-1-year-plan-ebay-unlimited-talk-text-2gb-data-for-96-and-more-59-4

Unlimited talk, text and 2 GB LTE [ebay.com] $96
500 Talk, Unlimited text and 1 GB LTE [ebay.com] $59.40
Unlimited Talk, Text and Data w/ 3 GB LTE [ebay.com]$149.40

"Oops!
This deal was removed for not meeting our quality standards." This came up when link was followed, whatever it means.

Here's the ebay link for the $96 plan.

www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=speedtalk+mobile+one+year+sim+card+plans&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=speedtalk+one+year+sim+crad+plans&LH_TitleDesc=0
The following user(s) said Thank You: PEW, st3fx

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #37756 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Speedtalk 1 year deal
That is some very competitive pricing, from the bottom to the top of the range.
A nice range, from glovebox phone (250 of talk or text or mb, for $36 annual), up to that $150 annual 3gb plan.

Some good deals on short-term SIMs, too, but some have relatively high shipping costs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: st3fx

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #37760 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic Speedtalk 1 year deal
These are an interesting find. Good alternative to RedPocket. Two questions come to mind --

Do these have an activate-before date? (Like MINT needs to be activated within 45 days).

And if they don't need to be activated for say, a year, then the question becomes - will Speedtalk be around for another year?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #37761 by KentE

peterquinn wrote: These are an interesting find. Good alternative to RedPocket. Two questions come to mind --

Do these have an activate-before date? (Like MINT needs to be activated within 45 days).

And if they don't need to be activated for say, a year, then the question becomes - will Speedtalk be around for another year?

I don't know when SpeedTalk started-- I know it's been over 2 years.
SpeedTalk has been aggressive about trying new things-- adding carriers & special rates, focusing on IOT and GPS devices, smartwatches, PayGo,etc. I don't know how much impact it has on their bottom line, but it does indicate that they're seeking out alternative niches, which might bode well for survival.

I'm curious about the activation period, too-- the $5.40 (+$4 shipping) 1-month SIM would make an interesting emergency device for traveling, since I don't have long-term T-Mobile service. (Tuck the card away in my backpack, and only activate it when needed.-- the rub is needing to find internet access to activate it.)

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #37762 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
So, having looked at their listing...is the underlying service AT&T - and will their services work with an AT&T phone - or is it T-Mobile & only for unlocked phones ??
Their verbiage seems a bit vague...

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #37763 by realLexusl21
Replied by realLexusl21 on topic Speedtalk 1 year deal
The allotment is per month or for entire year?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #37769 by KentE
The verbiage certainly is vague regarding carrier! I'm pretty sure the SIM deals are T-Mobile only. SpeedTalk used to be T-Mobile only, but I believe they dabbled with Verizon and maybe Sprint on specific plans-- but not AT&T.

lexusl21-- it varies. The listings are usually pretty clear when you look at them, either noting that the allotments renew monthly, or that they're annual allotments. I think all of the plans linked in this thread are monthly allotments, but they do have some ultra-low yearly-allotment plans for those who only need occasional phone use (PayGo and Rollover plans with extended duration.)

The discounted plans are available straight from the SpeedTalk website now, too. Use the discount code listed on the front page:
www.speedtalkmobile.com/home .
The following user(s) said Thank You: realLexusl21

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #37770 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic Speedtalk 1 year deal

Extraterrestrial_Zoologist wrote: So, having looked at their listing...is the underlying service AT&T - and will their services work with an AT&T phone - or is it T-Mobile & only for unlocked phones ??
Their verbiage seems a bit vague...

Their website gives the impression that it's AT&T -- but the ebay listing specifies that the network is T-Mobile.