New(ish) Sprint MVNO-- Hello Mobile/ Q Link Mobile

• KentE
  • KentE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #37472 by KentE
This MVNO doesn't quite seem to have their brand identity figured out yet. A week ago, I learned a little about https://HelloMobile.com
A few days later, a visit to the same site would redirect to https://QLinkMobile.com . Now both sites seem to exist in parallel, with the same plans available.

Apparently a general-access offshoot of Q Link Wireless, who provides government-subsidy phones in 28 states. This is open to anyone, though.

Sprint network. The plans are priced pretty aggressively, with an unlimited talk/text, 1GB plan at $10/month.
The top end is $25 unlimited/unlimited/unlimited. (Frankly, I don't see that one remaining available for long.......)

Hello also has a selection of $5 monthly plans:
1) 500 min, unlim text, no data.
2) 500 mb, unlim text, no voice.
3) 250 mb, 250 min, unlim text.

There's some confusing language on the websites, indicating that those rates may be a 3-month teaser rate. I chatted with support, and they said the plans are now permanent, and the rates won't change. No discount for autopay at this point, although you're welcome to set up autopay if you want.

Taxes/fees included.
Data is hard-capped. Top-Ups apparently available, but I can't see them.
All plans seem to include outbound international calling to 60 countries, and international text.
No activation fee.
They'll send a free SIM if you need one. (If you already have a Sprint SIM for your phone, you can reuse it.)
The FAQ indicates roaming is included. I don't know details.
If you miss your payment, text will remain available for 30 days. (Voice and data would shut off.)

Some comparisons come to mind:
Unreal Mobile's $10 Sprint plan is similar, but Unreal now adds around $3 in taxes/fees-- but includes some rollover and 2G fallback data.

I think the $5 250min/unlim text, 250MB may be the value leader for a plan including 3 buckets.
Beast Mobile's $4 unlimited/talk& text plan (no data, also on Sprint) barely beats Hello's $5 rate, but I don't remember if Beast adds taxes.(EDIT: Beast Mobile's unlimited talk/text plan has gone up to 8 $ )

(EDIT: TO ADD: forgot to mention that the $10- and up plans do offer a multi-line discount. 2 lines drops the 1GB plan to $8.75 per line per month, and the unlimited data plan to $20 per line per month.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: als, Extraterrestrial_Zoologist, Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo, SuccessOne, st3fx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #37474 by st3fx
"Buy 1 Month, Get 2nd Month Free"
hellomobile.com/shop/plans

Fine Print:
"Special Offer: Hello Mobile's Special Offer pricing is available to ALL customers. No catches or exclusions. It reflects the standard price of that plan, with no cut-off date. Buy 1 Get Promotion: Get your second month service at Hello Mobile for free when you Sign Up and pay for your first month service. Always On: Hello Mobile's Always On Policy allows customers access to unlimited texting and 911 calling for 30 days after termination of service. After this period, all Hello Mobile functionality will cease until service is reactivated. International Minutes: Every monthly Hello Mobile phone plan includes free International minutes to Select Countries, available to view at: www.QLinkMobile.com/internationalplans . To purchase minutes to additional countries, visit Shop > Plans. Unlimited Plans: Customers on the Unlimited Plan may experience reduced data speeds after 15 GB of High Speed usage. Prorating: If a customer adds a line in the middle of a billing cycle, Hello Mobile will prorate the amount paid depending on the number of remaining days in the service period."
The following user(s) said Thank You: als, Extraterrestrial_Zoologist, Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo, LiterallyUnlimited

More
2 months 1 week ago #37487 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Thanks for this heads-up KentE !!
I am always interested to see if any really cheap deals also come along with the VZ backup like our Twigby service does - haven't seen any yet though.

More
2 months 3 days ago #37594 by bingyee

KentE wrote: This MVNO doesn't quite seem to have their brand identity figured out yet. A week ago, I learned a little about https://HelloMobile.com
A few days later, a visit to the same site would redirect to https://QLinkMobile.com . Now both sites seem to exist in parallel, with the same plans available.

Data is hard-capped.

Are you sure? I didn't see anything on their web-page making this explicit.

• KentE
  • KentE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 months 3 days ago - 2 months 3 days ago #37596 by KentE
bingyee, if you're referring to "Data is hard-capped"....

I was sure when I wrote it.
Looking for the reference I thought I saw before, I see this (under Hello Mobile: Support/My Account)

"How does Hello Mobile handle high speed data?

Depending on the plan you choose, you’ll receive a certain amount of high speed data to use within a billing cycle (with no rollover).

Once you expend this high speed data, data speeds will be reduced. To replenish your high speed data, check out our affordable refill options."

So....I'm not sure anymore. That looks more like fallback 2G.
I didn't ask about this when I did a Chat, since I thought I had seen info otherwise.

EDIT: TO ADD
oh, if I look in a similar place on Q Link Mobile's site, I see this:

"How does Q Link Mobile handle high speed data?

Depending on the plan you choose, you’ll receive a certain amount of high speed LTE data to use within a billing cycle (with no rollover).
Once you expend this high speed data, all data functionality will stop. To replenish your data, check out our affordable topup options."

So either this is a difference between Hello Mobile and Q Link Mobile, or one of the FAQs is wrong.....