Another MVNO exits the market (partially)

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #37296 by KentE
LiterallyUnlimited writes: "I suppose your best hope is to bet on your existing Sprint MVNO exiting the market and letting us swoop up their customer base. "

If that's your/my 'best hope', I don't want to ask what my worst fear should be.... :ohmy:
I've been through a couple of failing MVNO's, and it's not fun. Still, if it happens to me again, I'll be crossing my fingers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LiterallyUnlimited

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #37297 by 112059

LiterallyUnlimited wrote: www.boom.us/index.php?filters_sent=yes&p=catalog&mode=catalog&parent=6&f%5BNETWORK%5D%5B%5D=BOOM+Yellow&f%5BPLAN+TYPE%5D%5B%5D=4G+Plans

Boom! Mobile has ceased offering their service on Yellow, AKA Sprint. All Boom! Yellow customers will be transitioned to Ting CDMA and will receive a special offer ($20 unlimited talk/text/data) via email to either continue their service or port away to another carrier. This offer is ONLY available to Boom! Yellow customers.

Boom! Blue and Boom! Red customers are unaffected at this time. However, if any existing Boom! Red customers want to switch to Ting CDMA, I can see if we can take advantage of this or a similar offer. Just DM me.

Is Boom Red going to go away as well? I could not get through to Boom CS (chat or phone) even though their hours are 8am - 8pm CST. I am concerned since I have always been able to reach CS in the past.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #37299 by 112059

KentE wrote: Wow-- I thought Boom was considered relatively stable.
I was not aware that they offered Sprint network, though-- was this relatively recent?

From reading your post, Literally_Unlimited, it looks like Ting is offering a special plan for those needing a new home? I think this may be a first for Ting. (And well outside the normal Ting price structure.)

In the early days (early 2016) they had all 4 of the big networks. I don't know when they stopped T-Mobile or AT&T. It looks like they may be bringing back AT&T. I have only used Verizon with them and will be sad if they go away, their CS has always been top notch.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #37304 by mmfacemm
Jeff from boom on howardforums says they will offer verizon and att going forward.

They were always primarily verizon so I suspect they are just sticking to their core market and getting rid of unprofitable or unpopular business (sprint!). Then trying something new with att.

That is a really nice deal for boom cdma customers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #37305 by 112059

mmfacemm wrote: Jeff from boom on howardforums says they will offer verizon and att going forward.

They were always primarily verizon so I suspect they are just sticking to their core market and getting rid of unprofitable or unpopular business (sprint!). Then trying something new with att.

Thanks, I did see that quote but when I could not reach CS during normal business hours I started to get worried.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #37310 by LiterallyUnlimited

112059 wrote: Is Boom Red going to go away as well? I could not get through to Boom CS (chat or phone) even though their hours are 8am - 8pm CST. I am concerned since I have always been able to reach CS in the past.

No. Boom! Red and Boom! Blue are unaffected, as best I can tell. I can't speak to their CS, but we've heard nothing different on their other services, other than they're attempting to launch a consumer Boom! Blue product soon.

I'm really excited to help out Boom! Yellow customers get up and running on Ting, hopefully having no service interruptions in the process.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Diedrich_Duo

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #37437 by Tello Mobile
Hey Guys,

We are sorry to hear about Boom! Yellow being discontinued.

However, if there are any of you out there who have not decided where to go next, Tello Mobile is running a promo for new customers in celebration of its 3rd anniversary.

You can get any of our phone plans for just $3 for the first month of service. For example, you can get 2GB data plus unlimited talk & text, which would regularly be priced at $19/month, for just $3 if you join before May 16th.

No coupon code is needed to get this offer, as long as you open a new account with us.

You can get more info about this deal on our website, tello.com .

Tello Mobile runs on the Sprint network, so your coverage would be the same as before.

Give it a try and tell us what you think ;)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

More
2 months 1 week ago #37439 by KentE
@Tello Mobile
Tello has lots of fans (and customers) here!
We like hearing from official representatives, too-- but the forum administrator requests that any company employee posting here should request a "verified" tag that will appear on your posts.
See this link for easy instructions:
www.nthcircle.com/forum/welcome/106-verified-telecom-representatives#838

(As an example, if you look just above your post at the post from LiterallyUnlimited, you'll see the 'verified' tag under his username.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, LiterallyUnlimited

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #37440 by mmfacemm

More
2 months 1 week ago #37441 by KentE