"Visible"comes into Focus

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #39653 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic "Visible"comes into Focus

Diedrich_Duo wrote:

tech-stitch wrote: If they could only keep up with their staffing demands due to the recent promotions (wait time are insane). Hoping the long waits are temporary.

Agreed! When I tried to contact support via chat (at 5 PM PDT, I never got a reply until 5:20 AM the next day, while my phone and I were still asleep. If they could get their support staff up to speed they would get a lot more folks like me (who need help, "yesterday", fairly frequently). Of course, they might not want that many higher-maintenance folks like me :) , but that's a whole different issue.

Ahh, interesting theory. Are you suggesting that Visible's CS may intentionally be sub-par, in order to weed out the folks most likely to necessitate hiring additional staff? Pretty good way to increase the bottom line, as long as the company is willing to take the PR hit.

I think I may have used several MVNOs in the past that have figured out, and implemented, this cost-savings strategy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #39655 by Diedrich_Duo

KentE wrote: Ahh, interesting theory. Are you suggesting that Visible's CS may intentionally be sub-par, in order to weed out the folks most likely to necessitate hiring additional staff? Pretty good way to increase the bottom line, as long as the company is willing to take the PR hit.

I think I may have used several MVNOs in the past that have figured out, and implemented, this cost-savings strategy.

Well, of course I have no way of knowing their business strategy/ies, but anything is possible in the MVNO world. (My comment was meant primarily to be self-deprecating, not accusatory toward Visible, and I sure don't want to be the one to start today's CN Daily Drama!) :)

As to your second point, me too!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #39661 by tech-stitch
I agree they may in fact have this no phone's approach to save money I will say that once set up, there is little need to contact them. In fact, I found myself contacting them just to know the email address the promo gift card would come from to ensure it did not end up in SPAM. The only other reason was to explore the Moto G7 activation, but that did not yield the desired results.

Anyway, we will see how it continues to go, as I hate the idea of having to use an iPhone or purchase another phone from them just to get the Android experience.

I did consider their own phone that's on sale, but I can't place an order because there is another phone already on the line. With the wait times, it will be dificult to address and accomplish unless I open another account (not the desired route).