"Visible"comes into Focus

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #39028 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
Looks like they dropped the speed cap so enjoy your fast speeds!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PEW, Diedrich_Duo, tech-stitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #39040 by tech-stitch
Oh yeah, and fast they became! I thought it was sweet and now it’s better! True it’s only LTE, but that’s just about everywhere with Verizon including my small town. Worst case, FreeUp to the rescue!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #39044 by mmfacemm
The G7 is supposed to be on the visible list this week. Not sure if that will mean your G7 power will work or not but you might get lucky and get another nice surprise.

I like how visible also send you free stuff. It keeps things interesting. It seems to be pretty random who gets what and when though! GoogleFi used to do it too but not really any more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tech-stitch

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #39063 by Diedrich_Duo

mmfacemm wrote: I like how visible also send you free stuff. It keeps things interesting. It seems to be pretty random who gets what and when though! GoogleFi used to do it too but not really any more.

I'm not a Visible customer, but I'm curious... what sort of free stuff do they send you?

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #39065 by mmfacemm

Diedrich_Duo wrote:

mmfacemm wrote: I like how visible also send you free stuff. It keeps things interesting. It seems to be pretty random who gets what and when though! GoogleFi used to do it too but not really any more.

I'm not a Visible customer, but I'm curious... what sort of free stuff do they send you?

Here is a selection people have received.

Also $50-100 amazon gift cards, portable battery charger, $5 amc gift card etc.

Projectfi used to send out cases, headphones, lego packs and things like that. I guess it is all part of being in a beta type program as a thank you for sticking around.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #39071 by Zubrin
Replied by Zubrin on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
I only got a Visible one year anniversary PIN :-(.
When Project Fi became Google Fi on 11/28/2018, I bought a Pixel 3 XL for $900 and Google gave me $900 of airline giftcard. That was a very generous gift.

It is great that Visible is forcing every prepaid carrier's hand on single line unlimited plan. Either match it /beat it or die.

More
1 month 5 days ago #39463 by tech-stitch

mmfacemm wrote: The G7 is supposed to be on the visible list this week. Not sure if that will mean your G7 power will work or not but you might get lucky and get another nice surprise.

I like how visible also send you free stuff. It keeps things interesting. It seems to be pretty random who gets what and when though! GoogleFi used to do it too but not really any more.

So I finally got to chat with them (they have had long hold times). It turns out that they are only going to allow Moto phones that they themselves sold. As a result, I am not able to use my Moto G7 Power despite the fact that is the very thing they sell.

More
1 month 4 days ago - 1 month 4 days ago #39467 by Diedrich_Duo

tech-stitch wrote:

mmfacemm wrote: The G7 is supposed to be on the visible list this week. Not sure if that will mean your G7 power will work or not but you might get lucky and get another nice surprise.

So I finally got to chat with them (they have had long hold times). It turns out that they are only going to allow Moto phones that they themselves sold. As a result, I am not able to use my Moto G7 Power despite the fact that is the very thing they sell.

Sorry to hear that! It does seem as though Visible is limiting availability to only a few select phones from the Android universe, but perhaps that's part of their quality control and/or profitability strategy. (BYODs might have more issues than they want to deal with, even if many phones have the specs that should work successfully on their network.)

Hopefully they will open up their BYOD eligibility once they are (even more) fully established and done with their Beta testing. Time will tell...

More
4 weeks 6 hours ago #39644 by tech-stitch
Well, today I got an unexpected gift. Certainly thankful to Visible. If they could only keep up with their staffing demands due to the recent promotions (wait time are insane). Hoping the long waits are temporary.
Attachments:

More
4 weeks 5 hours ago #39650 by Diedrich_Duo

tech-stitch wrote: If they could only keep up with their staffing demands due to the recent promotions (wait time are insane). Hoping the long waits are temporary.

Agreed! When I tried to contact support via chat (at 5 PM PDT, I never got a reply until 5:20 AM the next day, while my phone and I were still asleep. If they could get their support staff up to speed they would get a lot more folks like me (who need help, "yesterday", fairly frequently). Of course, they might not want that many higher-maintenance folks like me :) , but that's a whole different issue.