"Visible"comes into Focus

More
9 months 1 week ago #31017 by Isamorph
"Visible" a new Verizon owned but independently operated company is offering unlimited t&t and data on the Verizon network for $40 a month, but for now it is BYOD, and only iphones can apply. Speeds are limited to 5mbps, but there is never throttling and hotspot use is included. Seems I heard the name "Visible" some time ago, but maybe not. Interesting advertising with their "404 Store Not Found" signs around town, given they will have no stores.

ktla.com/2018/11/07/this-secret-verizon-cell-phone-plan-is-unlimited-for-40-a-month/

www.visible.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #31023 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
I couldn't find anything about hotspot usage.

Is it unlimited?

More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #31025 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic "Visible"comes into Focus

Chelle wrote: I couldn't find anything about hotspot usage.

Is it unlimited?

This is from the KTLA link above: "Even mobile hotspot is included for a limited time, at least for early adopters signing up for the plan." But how many GBs and whether or not it's 4G, is anyone's guess. I haven't looked on the FAQs from the "Visible" sight, but maybe there is more info there about hotspot usage.

***Just saw this in the FAQs---"Does Visible service include using my phone as a hotspot?
During early access our members will get mobile hotspot with unlimited data at a speed that’s perfect for streaming, up to 5 Mbps. You’ll be able to connect one phone at a time. To enable/disable hotspot, take a look at Apple’s Support page ( support.apple.com/en-us/HT204023 )."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

More
9 months 1 week ago #31026 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
I signed up for Visible Wireless when they launched earlier this year, but was not impressed. Throttled LTE-only (with high latency) and no CDMA fallback. There were Visible outages at the time as well. Perhaps service has improved since then. www.reddit.com/r/Visible
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
9 months 1 week ago #31029 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
So my memory wasn't faulty after all, since "Visible" has been around awhile. Must be the Dark Roast at work. The article took some liberties in using the word "new", perhaps meaning that it's new because it's now open to everyone, not just by invitation only. So I guess the old invitation only adopters and the new early adopters are all early adopters. But how many early adopters will be permitted ? From a brief look at "Visible" on reddit, let's hope they fixed the problems so that Verizon's good image does not suffer.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
5 months 2 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #34781 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
www.prepaidphonenews.com/2019/03/visible-giving-away-virtual-credit-in.html

Do they charge taxes and fees or is $40 all inclusive?

Update:
I guess the $40 is all inclusive.
www.tomsguide.com/us/visible-wireless,review-6036.html

So, with the $100 for BYOD, you would pay $20 for 2 month of unlimited everything on Verizon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: st3fx

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #34782 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic "Visible"comes into Focus

PEW wrote: www.prepaidphonenews.com/2019/03/visible-giving-away-virtual-credit-in.html

Do they charge taxes and fees or is $40 all inclusive?

All-inclusive. $40 includes taxes and fees.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #34784 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
Hm... Neither Moto G5 Plus nor Moto G6 are compatible. :(

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #34785 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic "Visible"comes into Focus
i heard from somewhere that tethering was to one device only.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago - 1 month 4 weeks ago #38745 by tech-stitch
We are trying them now since they had that iPhone deal with the Prepaid card. So far, I am impressed considering where I live at. Speeds cap at about 6 - 6.7 Mbps in my case (using their iPhone since the Moto Power G7 is a no go on their network). Hotspot is still unlimited and they claim one device. Testing on that to come. The latency comment is certainly valid (low to mid 100ms pings). Then again, on a small town where people have issues as it is. Calls have been clear.