How Do You Organize Your Home Screen?

• Chelle
  • Chelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
5 days 16 hours ago - 5 days 16 hours ago #41631 by Chelle

I don't know about y'all, but I'm pretty OCD about my home screen.

My rules are:
1) Everything fits on one screen. No exceptions.

2) Everything grouped into folders.

3) All of my phones have the exact same layout.

4) I use the Chrome widget to have all my bookmarks readily available-- like I'm used to using with my Chromebook.

5) Use Home Screen + App Drawer style.

Notes:
I watch TV channels from around the world so I have TV listings readily available from each of those places.

My "phones" bookmark folder has links to all of my cellular providers.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 days 13 hours ago - 5 days 13 hours ago #41633 by Isamorph
Not very well with this one: I guess this is going from the Sublime ( your phones ) to this Ridiculous older not so smartphone. But another screenshot of my smartphone.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Diedrich_Duo

More
5 days 10 hours ago - 5 days 10 hours ago #41637 by Diedrich_Duo
I guess I'm a miminalist after all... not too much on my home screen, but that leaves more room for the background photo. :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Isamorph, KBOrtega

More
5 days 10 hours ago #41639 by Isamorph
Odd seeing a Puffin in Sedona, if that is in fact a photo of Sedona. In any case, nice photo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
5 days 1 hour ago #41640 by Diedrich_Duo

Isamorph wrote: Odd seeing a Puffin in Sedona, if that is in fact a photo of Sedona. In any case, nice photo.

Yes, they are quite rare there, but they sure help with using less data when I'm away from home or out on the trail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, als, Isamorph, KBOrtega

More
2 days 21 hours ago - 2 days 21 hours ago #41651 by KentE
Chelle writes:
"I don't know about y'all, but I'm pretty OCD about my home screen.

My rules are:
1) Everything fits on one screen. No exceptions.
2) Everything grouped into folders.
3) All of my phones have the exact same layout.
4) I use the Chrome widget to have all my bookmarks readily available-- like I'm used to using with my Chromebook.
5) Use Home Screen + App Drawer style."

I guess I'm either not OCD, or more likely just have different obsessive rules...
I have several phones used for different purposes: My primary phone, a worksite phone (so I don't break or lose my best phone), a verizon-network backup phone (rarely used), and a couple of phones with FreedomPop SIMs that I use as work "toolbox" phones (loaded with some apps that are needed or handy only for my job.)

The homescreens are different for each phone, because I use them for different purposes.
My rules:
1) Only the things I use regularly on that particular phone are on the homescreen. No exceptions. ;) The rest go on a second screen.
2) I use folders when it makes sense for my use, but I frequently just remove icons for things I don't use regularly (and fetch from the app list.)
3) My phones all have different homescreen layouts-- although I put Google Voice and my preferred browsers in the same location on all.
4) I like your idea- but I don't use a chromebook. Maybe I can use a similar concept.
5) Not sure, but I think on some of my phones 'homescreen+app drawer" wipes out my second screen, which would violate my rule #1.

I've banned the camera icon from most of my homescreens, since I tire of hitting it by accident and waiting for it to load before I can close it. Chelle, do you hide the camera somewhere on your homescreen?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Isamorph

• Chelle
  • Chelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 days 8 hours ago #41671 by Chelle

KentE wrote:
5) Not sure, but I think on some of my phones 'homescreen+app drawer" wipes out my second screen, which would violate my rule #1.

I've banned the camera icon from most of my homescreens, since I tire of hitting it by accident and waiting for it to load before I can close it. Chelle, do you hide the camera somewhere on your homescreen?

Homescreen+app drawer still allows you to have additional home screen pages. I just have a strong preference for having only one.

I don't take a lot of pics with my cellphones so I just go into the app drawer for the icon when I need it. No exceptions. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

• als
  • Smartphone
  • Smartphone
More
1 day 14 hours ago #41682 by als
:) LOL I didn't know your home screen was organizable! The grandkids wrote our guide to facebook for the holidays 2 years ago . I guess we will have to ask for a grandparents guide to android for the holidays.:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, jamielih, Chelle, realLexusl21, Diedrich_Duo