What was your first proud cell plan?

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 weeks 6 hours ago #41093 by PEW
Well, it's great to know there are cheaper options nowadays.

1. Get AT&T Unlimited In-Car wifi for $15/mo
2. Get a Tesla and use the summon mode to have it follow you around.

Talk about personal hotspot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 hours ago - 2 weeks 5 hours ago #41094 by Promoze
I don't know if proud is the right word, but I was a little excited when I got a SERO plan with Nextel many years back for $30/mo, although taxes were about $5/mo on top of that. It was a flip phone but it was my first personal cell phone not counting the one my previous job had provided, so I was without a cell phone after changing jobs until I got SERO. I stuck with it, and I later had to get a Sprint phone as Nextel got phased out, and my rate went up $10/mo due to it being a smartphone. When I got RingPlus, I only kept SERO a short time before finally dropping it. And now I have only Tello for personal calls and a work provided Verizon phone.

More
2 weeks 5 hours ago #41098 by 112059
My first proud cell plan that I define as one that I told everyone about was Ringplus, in second place is the Free for a year Sprint plan.

More
2 weeks 3 hours ago #41099 by sovashadow
These are all amazing stories! I appreciate all of you sharing.

More
2 weeks 2 hours ago #41101 by KBOrtega
Sprint Unlimited Everything - $2.50/mo. (system glitch).

More
1 week 6 days ago #41102 by realLexusl21
Although it ended badly like most fly by night service.

I really liked r+. I got a whole year of service for $20. Not as much as others but I had like 3 gigs of data. Something like that. I was unhappy they went out so fast ,but I learned so much from users. Some came to cellnuvo.

Maybe some new company will come along.

One thing we all learned. Strike while the iron is hot.

More
1 week 6 days ago #41104 by scriptninja
I think I'd have to go with this:

Back in like...2012, or so, I think?...T-Mobile had an open beta for ipv6 support. You had to set up the APNs.

I think the fine print claimed your plan had to include data.

Apparently, either they messed up that part, or being on a prepaid plan that had the option to buy temporary data passes was sufficient.

I think I spent over a year getting free data from that beta program on my Nokia n900 with the same prepaid plan I'm still grandfathered on, although you can't get data passes anymore so it's now a talk&text only account.

I am pretty sure I charged that plan once with $100 to get gold status (credit expires after a year instead of 90 days), messed up and missed my renewal date once and had to start over, and have been putting the minimum $10 into it every year since (twice via CellNuvo), and I'm now down to under $80 credit. If I hadn't missed that one payment and had to pay an extra $100 it'd be more impressive, I guess.