New Easy Phone Number

• joseph
  • joseph's Avatar Topic Author
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
1 week 1 day ago #33287 by joseph
New Easy Phone Number was created by joseph
Any suggestions where one could obtain a nice new phone number at little to no cost that is available to immediately port out to one's regular mobile provider? Preference is to be able to choose the specific area code even in areas where there are multiple overlapping area codes. Even better would be able to preview the available numbers beforehand and select one that's most desirable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 1 day ago #33289 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic New Easy Phone Number
Freedompop. When FP number is ported out, you can assign a new number to the line at no cost (the line is not terminated) and choose area code/number.

• joseph
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
1 week 1 day ago - 1 week 1 day ago #33294 by joseph
Replied by joseph on topic New Easy Phone Number
I don't believe FreedomPop allows you to choose the area code in areas that have multiple overlapping area codes. In those cases they'll randomly assign you an area code (from those serving that area) based on the Zip Code you provide. Nor, as far as I understand, does FreedomPop allow you a choice of numbers to choose from prior to assignment.

More
1 week 1 day ago #33295 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic New Easy Phone Number

joseph wrote: I don't believe FreedomPop allows you to choose the area code in areas that have multiple overlapping area codes. In those cases they'll randomly assign you an area code (from those serving that area) based on the Zip Code you provide. Nor, as far as I understand, does FreedomPop allow you a choice of numbers to choose from prior to assignment.

Perhaps this is true when you are initially assigned a number, but after porting out you can definitely choose the area code and number from a list, then port out again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
1 week 1 day ago #33297 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic New Easy Phone Number

joseph wrote: Any suggestions where one could obtain a nice new phone number at little to no cost that is available to immediately port out to one's regular mobile provider? Preference is to be able to choose the specific area code even in areas where there are multiple overlapping area codes. Even better would be able to preview the available numbers beforehand and select one that's most desirable.

This example might not be little in cost, but you might find a similar offer at less cost on Ebay. Don't know if this will work for you.

www.ebay.com/itm/Prepaid-Numbers-For-Port-Any-area-code-T-Mobile-message-area-code-desired/223258915414 ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
1 week 1 day ago #33309 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Interesting topic !!
So, seeing what Isamorph contributed makes me wonder...
If someone got such a number for the $5.89 cost, used a free porting deal (say if perhaps Callcentric had one right then) - I wonder if this might be a solution to an essentially free DID which they no longer offer ??

More
1 week 1 day ago #33311 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic New Easy Phone Number
Nice tip, Isamorph!
I'd seen the 'digital' T-Mobile registrations offered before, but that's the first one I've seen that does all the legwork for you, and hands you the number and porting credentials.
I did one without those added features for a couple bucks less a few months ago. After doing that one, I'd rather pay the extra $2 to avoid going through the hassle again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist, Isamorph

• joseph
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
1 week 1 day ago #33318 by joseph

Extraterrestrial_Zoologist wrote: Interesting topic !!
So, seeing what Isamorph contributed makes me wonder...
If someone got such a number for the $5.89 cost, used a free porting deal (say if perhaps Callcentric had one right then) - I wonder if this might be a solution to an essentially free DID which they no longer offer ??

How do you reckon it would be a "free" DID? And what are you referring to with "which they no longer offer"?

• joseph
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
1 week 1 day ago #33319 by joseph

KentE wrote: Nice tip, Isamorph!
I'd seen the 'digital' T-Mobile registrations offered before, but that's the first one I've seen that does all the legwork for you, and hands you the number and porting credentials.
I did one without those added features for a couple bucks less a few months ago. After doing that one, I'd rather pay the extra $2 to avoid going through the hassle again.

Which steps does the product in the above eBay save you from doing?

More
1 week 1 day ago #33323 by Zubrin
Replied by Zubrin on topic New Easy Phone Number
This eBay listing is the same as others. You can choose the area code only. I just bought one from this seller yesterday. Two months ago it was $3.95.