Help Me Understand

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #32880 by unbeknownst to me

Chelle wrote:

unbeknownst to me wrote: My wife has redirected my thinking (once again). We’re now going to re-gift the phones for two upcoming relatives’ birthdays. I never opened the boxes.
But I’m still taking my friends out to dinner.

I hope my original post didn’t give the wrong impression. I truly am grateful for all the wonderful things that smartphones can do, but they just ain’t my raison d'etre

My birthday is just around the corner.

I send to you my sincerest best wishes!

Happy Birthday!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• als
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #32883 by als
Replied by als on topic Help Me Understand

unbeknownst to me wrote: My wife has redirected my thinking (once again). We’re now going to re-gift the phones for two upcoming relatives’ birthdays. I never opened the boxes.

I hope my original post didn’t give the wrong impression. I truly am grateful for all the wonderful things that smartphones can do, but they just ain’t my raison d'etre

that is a great idea

LOL are smartphones becoming the 'new' fruitcake which immortally sit on the closet shelf and are re-gifted so many times you get the one you originally received years later?

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1356557/Worlds-oldest-wedding-cake-1898-survived-WW2-bomb-blast.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: unbeknownst to me

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #32885 by lexusl21
Replied by lexusl21 on topic Help Me Understand

Chelle wrote:

My birthday is just around the corner.

Does a really really expensive phone work better then a low end moto e4 or equivalent while driving around the country?

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #32886 by lexusl21
Replied by lexusl21 on topic Help Me Understand

unbeknownst to me wrote: but they just ain’t my raison d'etre

My French was rusty, but I got it. "Reason for living"