Prepaidphonenews' Phones-on-Sale-this-week post

More
1 year 3 months ago #23014 by KentE
Surely some of us track a site or 2-- we could share here.

HSN has the Tracfone Rebel 3 with 1500/1500/1500 & a year of service for $60. Slightly more than the occasional $50 bundles, but the Rebel 3 is a better phone than the typical $50 bundle phone. It's the Tracfone version of the LG Phoenix 3, 5", 16GB/2GB. Verizon network. I think it's the best bundle deal we've seen for a while, if you want more than the basic phone usually bundled.
https://www.hsn.com/products/lg-rebel-3-5-16gb-android-tracfone-with-1500-minutestex/8589615

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #23031 by mmfacemm
Verizon moto e4 $49.99 at bestbuy Unlockable on ebay . Yes not the best price but these have been out of stock in a lot of places.

Moto x4 $249.99 project fi. Ends today. You have to start fi service but can cancel right away.
fi.google.com/about/phones/

Free phone up to $149 with metropcs and unlimited plan
In store only
slickdeals.net/f/11266895-switch-to-metropcs-and-get-a-free-phone-event?src=SiteSearchV2Algo1

Hard work compiling a list

More
1 year 3 months ago #23036 by mmfacemm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 3 months ago #23291 by PEW
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm

More
1 year 2 months ago #24035 by mmfacemm

freeform wrote:

KentE wrote: Surely some of us track a site or 2-- we could share here.

HSN has the Tracfone Rebel 3 with 1500/1500/1500 & a year of service for $60. Slightly more than the occasional $50 bundles, but the Rebel 3 is a better phone than the typical $50 bundle phone. It's the Tracfone version of the LG Phoenix 3, 5", 16GB/2GB. Verizon network. I think it's the best bundle deal we've seen for a while, if you want more than the basic phone usually bundled.
https://www.hsn.com/products/lg-rebel-3-5-16gb-android-tracfone-with-1500-minutestex/8589615

I just received this phone yesterday. I bought this bundle for a relative who's only coverage is Verizon
I was really surprised at the quality of the phone for the price

I think KentE was right when he said "I think it's the best bundle deal we've seen for a while"

FYI--This bundle is still available on HSN
www.hsn.com/products/lg-rebel-3-5-16gb-android-tracfone-with-1500-minutestex/8589615

Do you get VoLTE on tracfone? What about the 5Mbps download speed limit?

More
1 year 2 months ago #24046 by KentE
I don't really follow VoLTE on Tracfone-- still nursing along older phones that can't do it anyway. I read comments that Simple Mobile and Total Wireless enabled VoLTE several months ago, and imagine that Tracfone will be one of the first Verizon MVNOs to enable it across their brands.

Maybe @freeform can look and see if HD Voice appears in the menu settings on that Rebel 3?

I've similarly read reports that Tracfone no longer throttles to 5mbps, but have never tested it. I think if you need very high data speeds, however, you might be looking at the wrong brand-- Tracfone price structure isn't really geared towards higher data use. (If someone is tempted to test it, please don't use Ookla Speedtest-- the Tracfone user I saw a report from gobbled 134 mb during a single Ookla test.)

More
1 year 2 months ago #24065 by KentE
I hope your aunt enjoys the new phone, freeform! Nice of you to get her set up.

Well, from my brief research on the Turk Forum, (my preferred all-things-Tracfone site), it appears that VoLTE was not enabled on Verizon Tracfones as of mid-December 2017, but apparently does work with T-Mobile carrier Tracfones. I think there would likely be reports at that site if it had been enabled: although in typical Tracfone fashion, it will probably be discovered by a user rather than by any official Tracfone announcement.

I did see one extended conversation with one user saying his Tracfone Samsung Sky Pro both had the HD Voice setting in the menu, and it was working. Further talk seems to indicate it was a Straight Talk version of the phone, used on the Straight Talk network.

More
9 months 1 week ago #29013 by Isamorph

PA345NH wrote: www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1908759-Dennis-Bournique-quits-Prepaid-Phone-News

ETA:
twitter.com/yeswap

Too bad---he is a good, informative writer with a lot to share. Maybe his not long ago severe case of pneumonia had something to do with his leaving PPPN. Maybe it became too demanding of his time and was affecting his health. In any case, hopefully it was his decision to leave.

More
9 months 1 week ago #29017 by Chelle
That's a shame because Christina is practically illiterate.

More
9 months 1 week ago #29089 by KentE
I'll really miss reading Dennis at PPPN. I've bought phones I learned about on that site, and found providers. More than anything, it was Dennis's understanding of the prepaid phone market and his insightful comments that made PPPN important reading.
I hope that the current owners figure that out. Too much of the content now is simple press releases from providers, with no analysis of what it really means.

I've just spent 20 minutes poking around PrepaidCompare.net. I think Dennis has done a good job of curating articles linked there. It's likely to be my first stop for reading about phone stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: triplesec