Any use wireless battery security cameras?

More
1 week 2 days ago #46661 by mmfacemm
Any recommendations?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #46667 by jamielih
We've used Blink outdoor cameras for over a year. They're fairly reliable, & give great video in daytime, but not so good when IR is required after dark.

We may try out the Wyze battery-powered outdoor cam. We currently use Wyze indoor cams, both the Wyze Cam 2 & the Wyze Cam Pan. Very reliable, great video both in daytime & when IR is on. And very inexpensive. Note all the Wyze indoor cams we use are not battery-powered.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm

More
1 week 2 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #46668 by mmfacemm
Yes I used blink until a racoon decided it didn't like them.

They were okay but had a few camera offline issues as well as some other minor annoyances.

I did order a wyze cam outdoor as I have an indoor one but it will take a few months at the very least before I can get everything set up since the first batch don't ship until Aug.

I was all set on a reolink argus 2 but then I saw it had issues with motion detection range. Their free cloud storage only applies to 1 camera too. I also considered the arlo pro 2 since they are $200 for a 2 pack and include free cloud storage. But those seem to have audio issues as well as people hating the customer service. Might be okay. I was also about to buy a eufy cam 2c but the day I was going to buy it their servers went down and everyone's cameras stopped working for a couple of hours. So not sure I want to go with them either. Running out of options.

More
1 week 2 days ago #46669 by jamielih
So, I recently mounted a Wyze Cam 2 outdoors! It's under the eaves which are further in a screened in porch. So far so good, but is not what you're looking for, because it's not battery-powered.