What's Your Current Cheapskate Setup?

More
2 years 4 months ago #21424 by Isamorph

JoJack wrote: Isamorph - An elderly friend of mine uses Directv and was constantly complaining about the cost. I called to see if there was a way to lower the bill and loyalty offered $25 off for 24 months or $45 off for 12 months. This was last month. It may be a big YMMV, but you might want to see what loyalty has to offer you.

Thanks---I have heard that works as well as threatening to leave. We'll be saying adios to DirectTV very soon, but may be able to save some money on a month or so anyways.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #21426 by Chosen

mmfacemm wrote: 1. Free cell service courtesy of the free year of sprint and cellnuvo via redpocket. Cellnuvo even covered the sprint taxes and fees. With payment stacking and cellnuvo getting more reliable with the payments that is getting better. Believe it or not lol. I also have some tello lines with free credit left. As well as truphone and freedompop sims.

mmfacemm, do you notice any difference in call quality from pure Sprint to Tello? Sorry if this is a bit off subject :(

• Chelle
  • Chelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #21428 by Chelle
When my daughter fired DirectTV the called, texted and emailed constantly, trying to get her to come back.

She was paying $211 just for Direct TV (that includes equipment rentals for their TVs, and other miscellaneous charges).

She's quite happy with Sling, now.

I can't imagine that DirectTV could give enough of a retention discount to make it worth staying with them. Once they add on all the other charges and fees it greatly increases the final price.

More
2 years 4 months ago #21429 by mmfacemm

Chosen wrote: mmfacemm, do you notice any difference in call quality from pure Sprint to Tello? Sorry if this is a bit off subject :(

Not in call quality. Sprint direct has some advantages like wider coverage due to roaming that Tello won't have as well as wi-fi calling. Also some international roaming is included. But I think that sprint mvnos aren't too far off postpaid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Chosen

• JoJack
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 4 months ago #21434 by JoJack
Replied by JoJack on topic What's Your Current Cheapskate Setup?

Chelle wrote: When my daughter fired DirectTV the called, texted and emailed constantly, trying to get her to come back.

She was paying $211 just for Direct TV (that includes equipment rentals for their TVs, and other miscellaneous charges).

She's quite happy with Sling, now.

I can't imagine that DirectTV could give enough of a retention discount to make it worth staying with them. Once they add on all the other charges and fees it greatly increases the final price.

Wow!!! $211/month? I know there are regional price differences, but that's an awfully high monthly price for Directv.

• Chelle
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 years 4 months ago #21436 by Chelle
I assume that she must have had additional packages added on. She went from one extreme to the other. Once she got tired of the high bill she wanted a bill as close to zero as possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoJack

• Logan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 4 months ago #21494 by Logan
Replied by Logan on topic What's Your Current Cheapskate Setup?

arrynrob wrote:

Attachment not found

Very cool.

• Chelle
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 years 4 months ago #21498 by Chelle

arrynrob wrote:

Attachment not found

Looks like a sweet deal. Any data caps?

How much is it after they include the equipment charges and other fees?

• JoJack
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 4 months ago #21499 by JoJack
Replied by JoJack on topic What's Your Current Cheapskate Setup?

Chelle wrote:

arrynrob wrote:

Attachment not found

Looks like a sweet deal. Any data caps?

How much is it after they include the equipment charges and other fees?

^This and is it a targeted offer? Link?

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #21547 by Isamorph
" plus we talk to each other a lot."
Good to know that's still an inexpensive option.:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle