Strange email...Mint & C7Recycle ??

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #43413 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
I went for the free Mint SIM to see if it may be of any use here - WTH, right ??

Today I got an email informing me that it has shipped.
That email said it came from C7 Device Recycle, even though it had a shipstation email address.
That seems very odd to me.

I've wondered what became of C7 after seeing their site stay vacant for months, then showing maybe 3 devices total.

Does anyone here know anything about any of this stuff ??

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #43415 by KentE
Interesting.
I got an order confirmation, and a shipping notification. Neither mentions C7 Recycle, and the only sender address in the shipping notification is "Costa Mesa CA".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #43416 by redrotors
Got mint sim package today. Had someone else's order in it along with mine.

I chatted mint to let them know that they may want to resend that order to S. V. in Katy TX.

Unfortunately the chat rep said he was deactivating the other SIM :(

Return address on FedEx pkg. is 1550 Scenic ave., suite 100, Costa Mesa CA.

No mention of C7 in emails, on package nor in package.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #43418 by Isamorph
c7 recycle is in Texas. I got my shipping email today and any mention of c7 is nowhere to be found. Shipped from Costa Mesa, CA. Odd, indeed, E_Z.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 5 days ago #43419 by mmfacemm

redrotors wrote: Got mint sim package today. Had someone else's order in it along with mine.

I chatted mint to let them know that they may want to resend that order to S. V. in Katy TX.

Unless you gave them the sim number I doubt they have the ability to deactivate the sim.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #43427 by st3fx
For me, there was only a sender e-mail address (no 'Display Name'): This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

If the message source does not show a display name, one possibility is the sender e-mail address may exist in recipient's address book with 'C7 Device Recycle' as contact name.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #43428 by redrotors

mmfacemm wrote:

redrotors wrote: Got mint sim package today. Had someone else's order in it along with mine.

Unless you gave them the sim number I doubt they have the ability to deactivate the sim.

Chat asked me for the order #'s (they were sequential order #'s), when I gave them to chat they knew which SIM was tied to each order # (SIM #'s were NOT sequential #'s). To be clear, I did not give chat the SIM #, chat told me the SIM #s & which one was "mine" to use.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #43430 by mmfacemm

redrotors wrote:

mmfacemm wrote:

Chat asked me for the order #'s (they were sequential order #'s), when I gave them to chat they knew which SIM was tied to each order # (SIM #'s were NOT sequential #'s). To be clear, I did not give chat the SIM #, chat told me the SIM #s & which one was "mine" to use.

They should have just let you have it. Not nice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, redrotors

More
2 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #43431 by redrotors
I don't disagree.

If I was chat and allowed the latitude I would have told me something to the effect of "help spread the word, pass it on to someone who may like to try our service."

Truth is I got one to see if native tmo has improved any in the last few years (pretty much a signal dessert). According to a neighbor it is still not an option but I'm not sure his pixel 2 has all the bands for tmo. So, between the 45 day activate or lose it timer & sparse to 0 signal coverage in many of the areas I'd use it (unless things have drastically improved) the extra SIM was of little value to me.

Edit to add-
What I'd really like to know is if mint reached out to S.V. and told him that there was an error with his order and they are sending it out ASAP. I'd like to think so otherwise all I did was waste my time reporting it to mint.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #43445 by peterquinn
I got my free 3-mo SuperBowl Mint sim. The printed paper said something like "why am I getting 2 sim cards? One for you, and one to give away" -- but there was only 1 sim card in the sim card sleeve. My guess is the printout was a relic from Mint's 1-week trial sim program?