Mint Mobile $20/3 month promo-- another ebates tie-in special

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #33987 by st3fx

joseph wrote: Would this work to renew an existing Mint number that's plan is about to expire?

If not, what would be the best option to obtain the best price for a Mint line that's plan is expiring?


"New activation required"

Port out to Sprint MVNO with no activation fee and first month free (or money back guarantee), then back to Mint. Unreal mobile may be an option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joseph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #33988 by st3fx

st3fx wrote:

joseph wrote: Would this work to renew an existing Mint number that's plan is about to expire?

If not, what would be the best option to obtain the best price for a Mint line that's plan is expiring?


"New activation required"

Port out to Sprint MVNO with no activation fee and first month free (or money back guarantee), then back to Mint. Unreal mobile may be an option.

Porting to H2O (AT&T MVNO) may also be an option.

Current promo: first month free + free SIM (not sure about shipping). www.h2owirelessnow.com

Reference: bestmvno.com/h2o-wireless/h2o-wireless-new-customers-free-month-discounted-phones/
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, joseph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #33991 by joseph
After a Mint plan expires, when does Mint cut off service if no plan is renewed?

Does Mint permit month-to-month service or must you renew to a multi-month plan?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #33992 by st3fx

joseph wrote: After a Mint plan expires, when does Mint cut off service if no plan is renewed?

Service is most likely suspended immediately upon plan expiration, but the account/phone number remains in an inactive state for up to 60 days before being canceled. You can still port out during this 60 day period.
community.mintmobile.com/other-21/what-happens-to-my-phone-number-after-my-prepaid-plan-ends-99

joseph wrote: Does Mint permit month-to-month service or must you renew to a multi-month plan?

AFAICT, no month-to-month plans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joseph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • KentE
  • KentE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #33993 by KentE
st3fx writes: "AFAICT, no month-to-month plans. "

I believe you're correct. It's a recent change, and month-to-month used to be an option. I recall reading that those who already were paying month-to-month could continue doing so, at least for the time being.
www.prepaidphonenews.com/2018/12/mint-mobile-is-discontinuing-some-plans.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: st3fx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.