Mint Mobile $20/3 month promo-- another ebates tie-in special

More
11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #33954 by mmfacemm

PEW wrote:

PEW wrote: $20 for 3 mo deal is back! :)
eBates has $10 cash back and $5 off (=free) shipping. IRFREESHIP

slickdeals.net/f/12739804-mintmobile-3-months-of-8-gb-plan-for-20-total-2-months-free?src=frontpage

Correction, cannot use IRFREESHIP because you have to enter CHUNKYTWEET to get the $20 price... so $18.36 total (after eBates $10 cash back) then...

So, if still 45 day activation limit, that would mean activating this SIM on the ides of March.

Shipping is free with Chunkytweet. Mine shows $25.24 then you get $10 cash back from ebates. If you go via the cellnuvo app you get 8880 silver or something like that and if you start a new ebates account you get $10 bonus when you spend $25. So all in all still a money maker provided you have space to sign up for a new ebates account.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #33955 by PEW
So looks like still possible to get 3 mo for $3.36 by getting someone else to sign up for a new Ebates acct. Nice!

• KentE
  • KentE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #33957 by KentE
Some thoughts about the current Mint offer...
1) The linked Slickdeals thread has several people who asked MINT CS about the 45-day activation requirement, and the info was mixed. One CS agent said the 45 day period was hard fixed and could not be extended. 2 replied that activation after 45 days was fine even without customer service intervention, but that any guarantee or refund offer would not be honored past 45 days. One SD member reported waiting 60 days to activate, with no issue.

2) Ebates cashback could carry some risk on this offer. There seems to be a generic warning that using any coupon code not provided by Ebates might make the cashback offer invalid. (The previous Mint $20 offer did not require a code to reduce the price to $20, and this coupon code does not appear on Ebates.) But I see today a couple of SD posters saying that the cashback did show up on their ebates account.

[EDIT TO ADD-- a couple of forum members here had the Ebates cashback post just fine, as reported just below.]

It looks like TopCashBack & BeFrugal both have the same $10 cashback offer-- and possibly others. The SD thread has a couple of posters who had problems with TCB working, and no reports that I noticed of BeFrugal. BeFrugal did work fine for me the last time this was offered, although it took a lot longer to be payable than ebates did.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #33966 by PEW

KentE wrote: 2) Ebates cashback could carry some risk on this offer. There seems to be a generic warning that using any coupon code not provided by Ebates might make the cashback offer invalid. (The previous Mint $20 offer did not require a code to reduce the price to $20, and this coupon code does not appear on Ebates.) But I see today a couple of SD posters saying that the cashback did show up on their ebates account.

There is one eBates offer that does not require a code.
For a limited time, get 2 months Free when you buy your first month. + $10.00 Cash Back
Exp. 02/27/2019
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #33967 by PEW
My total $24.58 this time. $10 cash back would make it $14.58 for 90 days.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #33968 by mmfacemm

PEW wrote:

KentE wrote: 2) Ebates cashback could carry some risk on this offer. There seems to be a generic warning that using any coupon code not provided by Ebates might make the cashback offer invalid. (The previous Mint $20 offer did not require a code to reduce the price to $20, and this coupon code does not appear on Ebates.) But I see today a couple of SD posters saying that the cashback did show up on their ebates account.

There is one eBates offer that does not require a code.
For a limited time, get 2 months Free when you buy your first month. + $10.00 Cash Back
Exp. 02/27/2019

Can't get it to work. Doesn't apply automatically and there is no code that I can find.

I did use chunkytweet code for a family member yesterday and the ebates bonus, new customer bonus and cellnuvo silver bonus all posted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #33969 by PEW
Oh, yeah, I had to enter the code too... guess eBates messed up the description on that offer - not giving us the code to use.

• KentE
  • KentE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #33972 by KentE
According to www.prepaidphonenews.com/2019/02/mint-mobile-running-promotion-for-3.html
the current $20 offer will run through March 1, and won't require the code entry to get the discounted price after the Mint ad runs on the Super Bowl.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #33973 by PEW
Ah... so too early thus had to use the code.

"This promotion will run from February 3 and ends on March 1 at 2:59 AM."

More
11 months 2 weeks ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago #33986 by joseph
Would this work to renew an existing Mint number that's plan is about to expire?

If not, what would be the best option to obtain the best price for a Mint line that's plan is expiring?