Suggestion: Make private message notification more prominent

• JTSR71
  • JTSR71's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 10 months ago #1 by JTSR71
I've sent private messages and once or twice never received a reply and sometimes not received a reply for many days.

The people replying often say they didn't see the notification.

Can we make the notification more prominent?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #2 by Isamorph

I've sent private messages and once or twice never received a reply and sometimes not received a reply for many days.

The people replying often say they didn't see the notification.

Can we make the notification more prominent?

I think this is good point.

A very gracious person recently sent me a thoughtful PM . I didn't respond for several days because I hadn't noticed it.

In the private messages settings, I have the "send email notification " option checked and I always am notified with an email. Perhaps this could be made the default option, and if not desired, one of the other options can be chosen. And I suppose, if not a hassle for HG, when one logs in , perhaps the "private messages" alert # could be in blue or red. Oops--just noticed that the "Private Messages" Text is already blue and also noticed that one must click again, after logging in, on the dropdown arrow to see if one has private messages. So maybe there is a not too difficult way to indicate private messages just or while before logging in rather than after.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.