A co-administrator for the NthCircle forum?

• wleakr
  • wleakr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 10 months ago #1 by wleakr
Why not exercise the rules as already outlined by Hungry Ghost if you have an issue?

And what role would a co-admin serve?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wleakr
  • wleakr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 10 months ago #2 by wleakr
Replied by wleakr on topic A co-administrator for the NthCircle forum?
Without any definition to the specifics of the role, it is evident the role need not be created.

• als
  • Smart Phone
  • Smart Phone
More
3 years 10 months ago #3 by als
@Kale,
Are you suggesting (Gasp! ) another bureaucracy?
Re troublemakers, .
As long as a poster stays within the guidelines, my own personal feelings as to what a trouble maker is have no place here.
I can choose to read, and or respond to a post or ignore it. If a post violates forum guidelines, there is that big red flag hot button.

I think nth circle is FINE! just the way it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Legally-Speaking

• Legally-Speaking
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 10 months ago #4 by Legally-Speaking
Replied by Legally-Speaking on topic A co-administrator for the NthCircle forum?

hungryghost:

I appreciate your benevolence in the creation of this excellent Forum, but as you have indicated, you don’t have the time to become too involved. However, sometimes, it seems the troublemakers get the upper hand in certain topic threads

I wouldn’t recommend the cumbersome Ring+ multi moderator concept as a solution, but I do have a thought :There already is an articulate member of this forum who acts as a continuing voice of knowledge, wisdom, and diplomacy . In my opinion he already performs the roll of a pseudo moderator (but without empowerment).

Why not offer him the role of co-administrator? He may not be interested or available, but perhaps you could entice him with a share of all the profits you make from this forum.:)

Why do you feel this is needed?
What would be the duties of the proposed co-administrator position?
Who is this individual you view as currently acting as an un-empowered pseudo moderator?
In what way(s) would the co-administrator title empower this individual?
What do you mean when you say troublemakers get the upper hand?

More
3 years 10 months ago #5 by ferocious-onyx-glossy-iguana-210905
i do think another hand could be useful. especially if HG isnt on as frequently like he says. i would hate to see this site have the over moderation that the r+ site had which killed the "community" feel for myself. however a more active user that could merge redundant and misplaced topics and delete spam bots would be beneficial.

More
3 years 10 months ago #6 by KentE
It seems to me that Nth is relatively free of spam-- I flagged one post that appeared to be spam to me, but another user responded favorably to the post, so maybe I was wrong.

• Legally-Speaking
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 10 months ago #7 by Legally-Speaking
Replied by Legally-Speaking on topic A co-administrator for the NthCircle forum?

i do think another hand could be useful. especially if HG isnt on as frequently like he says. i would hate to see this site have the over moderation that the r+ site had which killed the "community" feel for myself. however a more active user that could merge redundant and misplaced topics and delete spam bots would be beneficial.

Doesn't Hungry-Ghost already take care of these issues? OP suggested an "administrator" (sans a definition ), would a moderator be the same as an administrator?