Hangouts dialer no longer working?

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #11 by joseph
Does MMS work in the GV app?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #12 by tech-stitch
MMS works for me.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #13 by redrotors

Noticed another thing... a message in Hangouts did not show up on Voice. I only found out about it by logging in to email and seeing it there.

There are a few options for msg. handling / notifications in the GV android app settings. Did you try toggling them on/off?

• PEW
  • PEW's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #14 by PEW
I am getting messages, just not the one I mentioned. Now that I think of it, I think that was Hangout message (meaning not SMS).

Hm... looking that up, I found another notice!

"Forward your text messages
Important: In light of spam causing potential issues with SMS forwarding, text message forwarding to linked numbers will end in July 2021."

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #15 by KentE

I am getting messages, just not the one I mentioned. Now that I think of it, I think that was Hangout message (meaning not SMS).

Hm... looking that up, I found another notice!

"Forward your text messages
Important: In light of spam causing potential issues with SMS forwarding, text message forwarding to linked numbers will end in July 2021."

That's interesting.  When I first started using GV, I set it up to forward SMS to the linked number:  that means sending the SMS to the native text app on the phone, as well as receiving it in the GV app.  I turned that off shortly because of dual notifications, and having to visit both apps to clear the notifications. 
   I haven't had any problems with not receiving texts in the GV app-- but there is always the problem of 'how do you know you missed it, if you missed it'. 
  GV handling of MMS has improved quite a bit since I first used it.
  I've seen other hangouts users commenting about a few things they thought hangouts handled much better than GV. 

There are some things that don't work well with GV-- V-Card contact exchange is one of them.  I don't know if that worked on Hangouts.