In this world of darkness where the cosmic war rages
Light will pierce the ages in celestial spaces

One word spoken and the walls shall fall
This kingdom built on rock, stone walls of eternity
And it shall fill the earth as waters cover the sea
There's is no delaying predestined destiny

Hold steady in the line, a breakthrough symphony

The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Soteria 2.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #47154 by Soteria 2.0
www.google.com/amp/s/reason.com/2020/07/16/goya-boycott-everything-is-political-now/%3famp

Goya Boycott: Everything Is Political Now
Politics are even in our soup.

But the boycott will end up disproportionately hurting immigrants and Latinos. Goya employs 4,000 people, and as Unanue said in May, well before the current Twitter storm, "All the employees are family working together for the same purpose. Many of us are immigrants and we extend a hand to our brothers."
The following user(s) said Thank You: y4vix

• als
  • Smartphone
  • Smartphone
More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #47155 by als
HMMMM? The article headline said something a bit different than the survey question.

The survey question asked, " Agree/ Disagree: the political climate these days prevents me from saying things I believe because others might find them offensive. "

Article headline, "Poll: 62% of Americans Say They Have Political Views They’re Afraid to Share"
www.cato.org/publications/survey-reports/poll-62-americans-say-they-have-political-views-theyre-afraid-share

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #47156 by Soteria 2.0

als wrote: HMMMM? The article headline said something a bit different than the survey question.

The survey question asked, " Agree/ Disagree: the political climate these days prevents me from saying things I believe because others might find them offensive. "

Article headline, "Poll: 62% of Americans Say They Have Political Views They’re Afraid to Share"
www.cato.org/publications/survey-reports/poll-62-americans-say-they-have-political-views-theyre-afraid-share

Are you referring to the Goya article?

Afraid to share because of the consequences.

Excerpt from the article.

The survey found that many Americans think a person’s private political donations should impact their employment. Nearly a quarter (22%) of Americans would support firing a business executive who personally donates to Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s campaign. Even more, 31% support firing a business executive who donates to Donald Trump’s re‐​election campaign.

Support rises among political subgroups. Support increases to 50% of strong liberals who support firing executives who personally donate to Trump. And more than a third (36%) of strong conservatives support firing an executive for donating to Biden’s presidential campaign.

Young Americans are also more likely than older Americans to support punishing people at work for personal donations to Trump. Forty‐​four percent (44%) of Americans under 30 support firing executives if they donate to Trump. This share declines to 22% among those over 55 years old—a 20‐​point difference. An age gap also exists for Biden donors, but is less pronounced. Twenty‐​seven percent (27%) of Americans under 30 support firing executives who donate to Biden compared to 20% of those over 55—a 7‐​point difference.

Nearly a third (32%) of employed Americans say they personally are worried about missing out on career opportunities or losing their job if their political opinions became known. These results are particularly notable given that most personal campaign contributions to political candidates are public knowledge and can easily be found online.

And it’s not just one side of the political spectrum: 31% of liberals, 30% of moderates and 34% of conservatives are worried their political views could get them fired or harm their career trajectory. This suggests that it’s not necessarily just one particular set of views that has moved outside of acceptable public discourse. Instead these results are more consistent with a “walking on eggshells” thesis that people increasingly fear a wide range of political views could offend others or could negatively impact themselves.

These concerns are also cross‐​partisan, although more Republicans are worried: 28% of Democrats, 31% of independents, and 38% of Republicans are worried about how their political opinions could impact their career trajectories.

Younger people are also more concerned than older people, irrespective of political viewpoint. Examining all Americans under 65, 37% of those under 30 are worried their political opinions could harm their career trajectories, compared to 30% of 30–54 year‐​olds and 24% of 55–64 year‐​olds. But the age gap is more striking taking into account political views. A slim majority (51%) of Republicans under 30 fear their views could harm their career prospects compared to 39% of 30–44 year‐​olds, 34% of 45–54 year‐​olds, and 28% of 55–64 year‐​old Republicans. Democrats reflect a similar but less pronounced pattern. A third (33%) of Democrats under 30 worry they have views that could harm their current and future jobs, compared to 27% of 30–54 year‐​olds, and 19% of 55–64 year‐​old Democrats.

How is it unrelated to the article?

www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/07/10/business/goya-boycott.amp.html

Goya Foods Boycott Takes Off After Its President Praises Trump

Critics said they would no longer use his products.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #47157 by Soteria 2.0

als wrote:

People are not afraid of causing offense.
They are afraid that a view or comment may impact their livelihood.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #47160 by Soteria 2.0
www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/ricky-gervais-talks-cancel-culture-and-says-even-mildly-conservative-voices-on-social-media-are-viewed-as-hitler-2020-07-14

‘Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right’

‘Social media amplifies everything. If you’re mildly left wing on Twitter you’re suddenly Trotsky.
If you’re mildly conservative you’re Hitler,
and if you’re centrist and you look at both arguments, you’re a coward and they both hate you.’

www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiewire.com/2020/07/ricky-gervais-the-office-cancel-culture-1234572855/amp/

As to whether or not he is “cancel-proof,” Gervais said, “I’m not cancel-proof, I just don’t care. I’m cancel-proof in the sense that I’ve got enough money.
The following user(s) said Thank You: y4vix

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #47162 by golan
I think we should take inspiration from this guy who is never afraid to speak his mind:

• JS
  • Cans+String
  • Cans+String
More
1 week 5 days ago #47240 by JS
The Trump Goya Food Fight

• JS
  • Cans+String
  • Cans+String
More
1 week 1 day ago #47310 by JS
Only one person here was disrespecting the national anthem.

www.miamiherald.com/opinion/editorials/article239927473.html

More
1 week 1 day ago #47312 by Soteria 2.0
www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8385639/amp/LeBron-James-slams-Drew-Breess-criticism-players-protesting-anthem.html

LeBron James slams Drew Brees's claim that kneeling during the anthem to protest racist police brutality is 'disrespectful' to the flag and military

www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8387963/amp/Drew-Brees-apologizes-criticism-NFL-protests-amid-backlash.html

Drew Brees apologizes for saying kneeling during national anthem is 'disrespectful' to the military after fans burn his jersey and Saints teammate Malcolm Jenkins tells him to 'shut up'

Drew Brees has apologized and condemned oppression of African Americans amid a torrent of criticism from sports stars over his criticism of NFL protests
Brees recently doubled down on his belief that protesting racism by kneeling during the national anthem is disrespectful to the country and the military
Since then, teammates, other NFL stars, and LeBron James have criticized Brees
Saints safety Malcolm Jenkins went so far as to tell Brees to 'shut the f*** up'
On Thursday, Brees apologized: ' completely missed the mark... I stand with the black community in the fight against systemic racial injustice'
A few social media users posted video of themselves burning Brees jerseys
Brees's criticism of the protests and his apology were his first comments in response to the killing of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police
Marchers protesting Floyd's killing in New Orleans chanted 'f*** Drew Brees!'
UPDATE: Teammate Michael Thomas has announced he has forgiven Brees

www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8391951/amp/Drew-Brees-issues-apology-reiterating-objection-NFL-players-kneeling-protest.html

Look in to my eyes': Drew Brees issues ANOTHER apology for saying kneeling in protest during the anthem is 'disrespectful' to the military as several of his black teammates forgive him

www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8396717/amp/Brittany-Brees-racial-equality-We-better.html

'We are the problem': Drew Brees' wife Brittany issues her own lengthy apology after the Saints quarterback also said sorry for his comments on NFL players who took a knee

NFL Biggest Quarterback Hits & Worst Injuries

Drew should retire.