PEW poll on climate action

More
1 week 3 days ago #46642 by Soteria 2.0
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5639921/

Social psychology quarterly

HHS Public Access

Lies, Damned Lies, and Survey Self-Reports? Identity as a Cause of Measurement Bias
Philip S. Brenner and John DeLamater

Explanations of error in survey self-reports have focused on social desirability: that respondents answer questions about normative behavior to appear prosocial to interviewers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 112059, y4vix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #46643 by uhthisb
Replied by uhthisb on topic PEW poll on climate action
Jimmy Superfly Snuka!!!

Oh how I used to love to scream at the TV, "Turn him into a human pancake!" and "Get outta the way, ref, it's not safe where yer standing, Superfly comin' in hot from 45 feet above you!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: 112059, y4vix

• PEW
  • PEW's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 week 3 days ago #46644 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic PEW poll on climate action
Latest PEW poll (meaning asking myself) indicate it was an error to post this article on Nth Circle. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
1 week 3 days ago #46647 by 112059
Replied by 112059 on topic PEW poll on climate action

PEW wrote: Latest PEW poll (meaning asking myself) indicate it was an error to post this article on Nth Circle. ;)

I don't think it was an error, I learned that my opinions might be in the minority, and others learned how polls can be manipulated. I don't know if the info in this poll was manipulated or not, I just question pollsters in general.
The following user(s) said Thank You: y4vix

More
1 week 2 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #46649 by Diedrich_Duo

PEW wrote: Latest PEW poll (meaning asking myself) indicate it was an error to post this article on Nth Circle. ;)

Now you can see why I started that thread in May:
www.nthcircle.com/forum/suggestions/3226-new-category-politics?start=0#45686

Unfortunately, based on the replies received, the overwhelming consensus was that our fellow Nth Circlers did not want to create a separate category to discuss all things political.

FWIW, I appreciated your latest PEW poll and believe it will be remembered as one of the most accurate ever taken. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: PEW, Isamorph

More
1 week 2 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #46659 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic PEW poll on climate action
Still find it strange several of you want to discuss politics on a cell phone forum but have at it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: realLexusl21

More
1 week 2 days ago #46662 by Soteria 2.0

Diedrich_Duo wrote:

Unfortunately, based on the replies received, the overwhelming consensus was that our fellow Nth Circlers did not want to create a separate category to discuss all things political.

FWIW, I appreciated your latest PEW poll and believe it will be remembered as one of the most accurate ever taken. :)

If that is what you believe, you either misread the replies, or didn't read them.

112059 wrote: I will start believing polls when they start showing the exact questions asked and the political lean on those that answered them.

uhthisb

You sound like a simpleton, sorry. Cuz when you say "start believing" and "start showing" you behave as if you weren't already provided with what you're requesting.

The exact questions and the exact political lean is two- and/or one-clicks away from the OP's hyperlink. You were too lazy to care. That says way more about you than the researchers.

PDF here, kooky...

www.pewresearch.org/science/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2020/06/PS_2020.06.23_government-climate_REPORT.pdf

Due to the derogatory remarks directed to
112059 by uhthisb,
I posted articles that explained the inherent difficulties in conducting an accurate survey.

He was called a
simpleton
lazy
and kooky all in one post.

I don't believe anyone on this forum has the right to disparage another member.

Did you not see this?
I imagine you did.
You find this to be be acceptable behavior?

I had no issue with the Pew survey, I stated this in one of the replies you read.
My issue was with the commentary included in the CleanTechnica article.
The author made very disparaging remarks and did a lot of name calling.

Such as:

lunatic rantings

troglodytes

Despicable Mitch McConnell is happy to see the citizens of his state suffer from poor health and early deaths just as long as he gets re-elected.

It would be a shame if the world should suffer a catastrophic climate failure primarily because white men can’t distinguish between their sexual prerogatives and the need to provide a planet

This is very disrespectful.

Nothing whatsoever to do with the Pew survey or politics.

Everything to do with treating others with respect.

I'm very surprised by your response,
I have always thought of you as very respectful of others, kind, thoughtful and considerate.

More
1 week 2 days ago #46663 by Soteria 2.0

Part one (of two) of a lecture on potential respondent biases and sampling techniques associated with the survey method.

More
1 week 2 days ago #46664 by Soteria 2.0
LOL
I missed the best one.:)

Steve is unbelievable.

The Republican troglodytes are withering away and they know it. By this time next year, they will be reduced to a small coterie of sniveling whiners while America gets back to providing real leadership to a world that desperately needs it. Power To The People!

More
1 week 2 days ago #46665 by Soteria 2.0

Diedrich_Duo wrote:

uhthisb wrote: (We posted at the same time, above I'm replying to Soteria 2.0)

Listen, 112059. You tried to cut down the OP but were too lazy to know that what you requested was already there. The basis of your attack was in your head. The info you wanted was already there while you pretended it wasn't.

I did not attack or cut down the OP. I believe PEW is an intelligent person. I stated my opinion why I don't trust polls. If that offends you that's on you, I didn't attack PEW or call him or her names, you were the one that resorted to name calling.

Can you provide how many Democrats polled answered the questions, can you provide how many Republicans polled answered the questions? I doubt you will find the answer since I could not, but if you can find it I will look at it.

This is respectful, thoughtful, and considerate.
Even after the disparaging remarks, still had a positive response.