PEW poll on climate action

More
1 week 3 days ago #46631 by y4vix
Replied by y4vix on topic PEW poll on climate action

uhthisb wrote: (We posted at the same time, above I'm replying to Soteria 2.0)

Listen, 112059. You tried to cut down the OP but were too lazy to know that what you requested was already there. The basis of your attack was in your head. The info you wanted was already there while you pretended it wasn't.

Why do you call someone you disagree with , "simpleton", "lazy", and "kooky" as you have done in your above posts?
Why not simply debate the issues on merit?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 112059, Soteria 2.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #46632 by 112059
Replied by 112059 on topic PEW poll on climate action

uhthisb wrote: Is this a joke? You really don't understand sourcing?

Pew Research and CleanTechnica are unrelated entities, okay? When Pew Research does a study, or a police department produces a crime blotter, or the WWE signs a new pro wrestler, they send out this fascinating new thing called a PRESS RELEASE. Here. Take a look, silly...

www.google.com/search?q=pew+poll+renewables&tbm=nws

Everybody gets the press release, not just CleanTechnica. 5410 outlets paraphrased it or published it verbatim, according to the link from this new website called google LOL. Just like newspapers publish police blotters but have nothing to do with writing them. Holy cow, this is new to you???!!!

[speaking of "published it verbatim"...serenity now LOL]

Nice deflection from how polls can be skewed.

You're going to believe all press releases?, that's funny. How many people fell for Theranos and their press releases. I wonder how many times it was on Google.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theranos

Keep clicking your heels together and repeat I believe.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soteria 2.0

More
1 week 3 days ago #46634 by uhthisb
Replied by uhthisb on topic PEW poll on climate action
I'm not advocating for or against polls or press releases, they come in all shapes and sizes. Wasn't that apparent when I stated the fact that the WWE issues press releases. I'm pretty sure they do polls too. Who's yer favorite wrassler of all time? Gotta be Jake the Snake if you ask me.

Am I the only one cracking up at the knots 112059 has twisted himself up in? Pew Research asks a multiple choice question and when the respondent chooses a choice that wasn't there, that's Pew's fault LOL. I guess they could take the weird answer and add that as Choice Z, but then they'd have to start all over again with the other respondents. That's not how life works, cuz if you send me a poll that I already answered and tell me to do it again cuz some moron added a new choice, the result is you ticked off 999 respondents to please the 1000th. Those 999 aren't gonna do the poll again. They're just gonna throw it away.

uhthisb's poll...
Do you like throwing your trash in the black bin, the blue bin, or the green bin?

Respondent...
I painted all my bins orange.

If I don't include that in my results, I guess I'm in on the conspiracy...

More
1 week 3 days ago #46635 by 112059

uhthisb wrote: (We posted at the same time, above I'm replying to Soteria 2.0)

Listen, 112059. You tried to cut down the OP but were too lazy to know that what you requested was already there. The basis of your attack was in your head. The info you wanted was already there while you pretended it wasn't.

I did not attack or cut down the OP. I believe PEW is an intelligent person. I stated my opinion why I don't trust polls. If that offends you that's on you, I didn't attack PEW or call him or her names, you were the one that resorted to name calling.

Can you provide how many Democrats polled answered the questions, can you provide how many Republicans polled answered the questions? I doubt you will find the answer since I could not, but if you can find it I will look at it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soteria 2.0

More
1 week 3 days ago #46636 by 112059

uhthisb wrote: I'm not advocating for or against polls or press releases, they come in all shapes and sizes. Wasn't that apparent when I stated the fact that the WWE issues press releases. I'm pretty sure they do polls too. Who's yer favorite wrassler of all time? Gotta be Jake the Snake if you ask me.

You would be wrong, It was Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka. When he climbed to the third rope it was hilarious. It's funny looking back in time, thanks for reminding me of Jimmy.

More
1 week 3 days ago #46637 by Soteria 2.0

uhthisb wrote: Is this a joke? You really don't understand sourcing?

Pew Research and CleanTechnica are unrelated entities, okay? When Pew Research does a study, or a police department produces a crime blotter, or the WWE signs a new pro wrestler, they send out this fascinating new thing called a PRESS RELEASE. Here. Take a look, silly...

www.google.com/search?q=pew+poll+renewables&tbm=nws

Everybody gets the press release, not just CleanTechnica. 5410 outlets paraphrased it or published it verbatim, according to the link from this new website called google LOL. Just like newspapers publish police blotters but have nothing to do with writing them. Holy cow, this is new to you???!!!

[speaking of "published it verbatim"...serenity now LOL]

Is this a joke?
Why do you act obtuse?
My issue is with CleanTechnica
and the commentary they add to the article.
Nothing to do with Pew Research or who chooses to reprint an article.

Yeah, copy and paste so of course it's verbatim.

More
1 week 3 days ago #46638 by Soteria 2.0
www.respectmyplanet.org/publications/fuel-cells/cleantechnica-painted-into-corner-with-years-of-anti-hydrogen-bias

RESPECTMYPLANET.ORG

RMP is 501(c)3 non-profit organization registered in Michigan. We are committed to protecting fresh water resources by advocating for: sustainable energy production, hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, remediating environmental pollution & rethinking waste management.

POSTED ONJUNE 18, 2019 BY MATT WANDEL

More
1 week 3 days ago #46639 by Soteria 2.0
cleantechnica.com/2019/06/14/fbi-nih-demonize-chinese-researchers-as-trump-inspired-paranoia-spreads-across-america/

FBI & NIH Demonize Chinese Researchers As Trump-Inspired Paranoia Spreads Across America
June 14th, 2019 by Steve Hanley

I often write articles based on stories from Science Daily that appear in my news feed. Over the past few years, as terrified white Americans have ratcheted up their loathing of black people, brown people, Mexicans, Hispanics, Muslims, Sikhs, Arabs, Hindus, Indians, Pakistanis, Syrians and anyone else whose ancestors did not come to America on the Mayflower (or in steerage aboard a Cunard ocean line as my ancestors did), I have been struck by the number of researchers whose names suggest they are of Asian descent, many of them Chinese.

More drivel, from Steve.

Of course verbatim.

More
More
1 week 3 days ago #46641 by Soteria 2.0
www.greenbook.org/mr/market-research-methodology/why-surveys-cannot-be-trusted/#:~:text=Because%20people%20are%20free%20to,and%20give%20a%20skewed%20picture .

Questions that require value judgments or reporting beliefs are susceptible to bias because these are inherently subjective.