Free Windows Upgrades Still In Effect for Win 7 & 8

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #42953 by joseph

Isamorph wrote: You probably have until the 14th of this month to get the free update to W10. If you don' t update you'll be running an unsupported, unsecured system, if that is not the case already. And you will have to pay for W10 after the 14th, I assume.

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4057281/windows-7-support-will-end-on-january-14-2020

Is the free upstate still available past Jan. 14?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #42954 by Isamorph

joseph wrote:

Isamorph wrote: You probably have until the 14th of this month to get the free update to W10. If you don' t update you'll be running an unsupported, unsecured system, if that is not the case already. And you will have to pay for W10 after the 14th, I assume.

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4057281/windows-7-support-will-end-on-january-14-2020

Is the free upstate still available past Jan. 14?

Hard to find current info on that front, but here is something from 2 days ago--fwiw.
www.techradar.com/news/ahead-of-windows-7s-death-you-can-still-upgrade-to-windows-10-for-free-heres-how-to-get-it

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #42958 by dst11
yes, all these still work::

www.nthcircle.com/forum/general/3014-free-windows-upgrades-still-in-effect-for-win-7-8?start=20#42870

PS. Can I have the RedPoket's rep login so I can go post this on every thread in the front page?

:P
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Chelle

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #42965 by peterquinn
st3fx, thanks for that video on recovering my Windows password. Turns out the video was for Win7 while I had Win8, so it didn't work - but I was so inspired by your video that I searched some more and recovered my password using a Linux LiveCD.

So thanks to nthcircle and the wonderful folks here, my Windows laptop is now upgraded to Windows10. (Not that I plan on using Windows any day soon, but a free upgrade was hard to pass up!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, dst11