Dash-cam app suggestions wanted

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #41810 by KentE
Ah, my work truck doesn't have bluetooth. It has an AM radio, but it quit working years before the truck became mine. Some day, I might fix it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago - 1 week 6 days ago #41853 by Chelle

Thanks to this thread I bought a $10 magnetic mirror-mount cellphone bracket, loaded the AutoBoy app onto a Cricket-locked cellphone that someone gave me (no service plan), and set up a dash cam for next to nothing.

Thanks, y'all! It's perfect.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, als, Isamorph

More
1 week 3 days ago #41878 by peterquinn

Chelle wrote:

Thanks to this thread I bought a $10 magnetic mirror-mount cellphone bracket, loaded the AutoBoy app onto a Cricket-locked cellphone that someone gave me (no service plan), and set up a dash cam for next to nothing.

This pic is very inspiring. I am curious about video quality at night, particularly on un-lighted back roads. Chelle, what has your experience been? Thanks much.

More
1 week 2 days ago #41891 by Chelle

peterquinn wrote:

Chelle wrote:

This pic is very inspiring. I am curious about video quality at night, particularly on un-lighted back roads. Chelle, what has your experience been? Thanks much.

That is going to be a function of the camera in the phone, not the software. The software can't make the camera exceed it's capability.

I'm using an LG X Power and the night time quality seems good to me. I'll try to upload some examples.