Thinking of buying Moto E4 - any advice, suggestions?

More
1 week 2 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #36685 by mmfacemm

peterquinn wrote: About the GoogleFi Moto G6 - has anyone canceled service and gotten away with keeping the G6? (I have tried contacting Google in the past and it was almost impossible to get any help. That wasn't for GoogleFi but it still makes me apprehensive to have to deal with anything Google).

So I guess my question is - will it be painful to cancel GoogleFi service and get to keep the G6?

Not personally but plenty have done it. Check out slickdeals.

Plus the terms clearly state that activation is required but "There is no minimum activation period needed to be eligible for the discount."

You can always port out to cleanly break free but canceling is usually straightforward with Fi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago #36687 by tom88
KentE wrote: "I used the factory-unlocked Moto E4 on a T-Mobile MVNO (Mint Mobile) for a couple of months, and it worked great there, too. It doesn't have the newest T-Mo band 71, but that isn't active in our area yet anyway-- and very few phones support it."

KentE, is it a XT1755?

More
1 week 2 days ago #36688 by KentE

tom88 wrote: KentE wrote: "I used the factory-unlocked Moto E4 on a T-Mobile MVNO (Mint Mobile) for a couple of months, and it worked great there, too. It doesn't have the newest T-Mo band 71, but that isn't active in our area yet anyway-- and very few phones support it."

KentE, is it a XT1755?

It's a Moto E4 XT1768, which is the same model as the one linked in the first post in this thread

(XT1755 seems to be a Moto C.)

Peterquinn: re: my comment about the answer function on the Moto E4: I don't have an active SIM in the Moto E4 at the moment, and don't remember precisely what the 'answer' function looks like. I use Google Voice, and swap between several active phones regularly. The Moto E4 is not 'outside of the normal range' of 'answer' response required, and did not cause me problems when I used it. It was somehow not exactly like the answer function on the LG Tribute HD phone my wife had been using, and it bothered her. She only uses about 40 minutes in an average month, so it would take her a while to adjust. She liked everything else about the Moto E4, though.

More
1 week 2 days ago #36689 by tom88
xt1768 seems a verizon version that sprint can't activate

More
1 week 2 days ago #36691 by Isamorph

tom88 wrote: xt1768 seems a verizon version that sprint can't activate

I believe the Verizon version is XT1767.

"It seems that the Verizon version is XT1767 while the unlocked version is XT1768. According to frequencycheck.com, the XT1767 has less frequencies supported than the XT1768."

forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e4/help/confused-e4-variants-t3750857

More
1 week 2 days ago #36693 by KentE

tom88 wrote: xt1768 seems a verizon version that sprint can't activate

From a short thread in the lenova forum,
forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTO-E-4th-Gen-MOTO-E-4th-Gen/Different-E4-models-interchangeable-parts/td-p/3838545

a motorola agent says: "XT1768 is an unlocked version of Moto E phone while XT1767 is locked with Verizon. "

So:
XT1767 is the locked Verizon version, that was for a while unlockable for GSM use via 3rd-party unlockers, but would remain ineligible for Sprint. (And ineligible for Verizon MVNOs unless you used it for the minimum requirement on Verizon prepaid first.)

XT1768 is the factory unlocked 'universal' carrier version.

What you might have seen a reference to is a variant of the XT1768 sold as a branded U.S. Cellular (CDMA) phone.. (Same model #, for reasons known only to Motorola......) That one is hardware-identical to the factory-universal-unlocked XT1768. and apparently usable out of the box on Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile: , but the IMEI's were not entered into Sprint's whitelist database. I've been told that it's possible to get it added to Sprint's whitelist database if you're a Sprint Postpaid customer.
I think I've also seen a reference that some of the first run of XT1768 were not entered properly into the Sprint whitelist database. Again, Sprint should be able to add it-- but my guess is that any remaining stock of E4's is far past that initial production run.

More
1 week 1 day ago #36714 by jamielih
We did GoogleFi Moto G6.

Cancellation wans painless, & online. The first month service cost less than $5 because we canceled a day or two after activation.

Worked with FreedomPop ATT LTE SIM & now on Spint 1 year free.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm

More
4 days 15 hours ago #36826 by mmfacemm
Some walmarts have been clearing out the E4 for $30.

More
4 days 13 hours ago #36828 by tom88
mmfacemm:Some walmarts have been clearing out the E4 for $30.
link please, can't find it.

More
4 days 12 hours ago #36829 by KentE

tom88 wrote: mmfacemm:Some walmarts have been clearing out the E4 for $30.
link please, can't find it.

Only available if it's in stock at the Walmart you visit. You can check inventory by filling in your zip code here:
brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=333487562

I approximate your chances of finding one in stock at that price at no more than 1%. These have been clearanced for a long time, and are gone nearly everywhere. Good luck, though.