The Ultimate $49 Android Tablet

More
1 week 1 day ago #34180 by KentE

Chelle wrote:

KentE wrote: Chelle, is the keyboard detachable? Decent for typing?

Yes. It's a standalone that fits in the case.

I'm a touch typist and it's a little cramped-- but I can still type without any trouble.

I'm a touch typist, too, and manage it on a keyboard in a 7" tablet case, although it takes me a few minutes to quit hitting the wrong keys. Still faster for me than poking at the screen.

I think this is Chelle's case:
www.ebay.com/itm/LEATHER-STAND-COVER-CASE-Bluetooth-Keyboard-For-Amazon-Kindle-Fire-7-8-Tab/352537897157

It seems to be a generic case available in multiple sizes in different listings.
I usually carry a folding bluetooth keyboard when I travel (without a laptop) that takes little space packed, but needs a stable flat surface. This case might be a good solution for me just for the keyboard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chelle
  • Chelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 week 1 day ago #34181 by Chelle

KentE wrote:

Chelle wrote:

KentE wrote: Chelle, is the keyboard detachable? Decent for typing?

Yes. It's a standalone that fits in the case.

I'm a touch typist and it's a little cramped-- but I can still type without any trouble.

I'm a touch typist, too, and manage it on a keyboard in a 7" tablet case, although it takes me a few minutes to quit hitting the wrong keys. Still faster for me than poking at the screen.

I think this is Chelle's case:
www.ebay.com/itm/LEATHER-STAND-COVER-CASE-Bluetooth-Keyboard-For-Amazon-Kindle-Fire-7-8-Tab/352537897157

It seems to be a generic case available in multiple sizes in different listings.
I usually carry a folding bluetooth keyboard when I travel (without a laptop) that takes little space packed, but needs a stable flat surface. This case might be a good solution for me just for the keyboard.

Yes. That's the one. They use the same exact keyboard for 7" and 8" cases, so it's actually the size of a 7" Fire Tablet.

I have three Bluetooth keyboards and like them all for different reasons

I have a roll-up keyboard, the keyboard from that eBay listing, and a slightly larger keyboard made by 1byOne that has an integrated touch pad and near-full sized keys. I got it from Amazon for $15.

The 1byOne is great around the house but a little larger than I like to travel with. If I'm willing to take that one I'm usually willing to just grab my smallest laptop, instead.

The eBay keyboard is very compact yet still usable. It fills a gap in my various travel options.

More
1 week 1 day ago #34190 by peterquinn
I'm a touch typist as well. I don't like keyboards because I don't like spending on them. My solution - swiping keyboard apps. I've tried out several, and the best one has been GBoard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 week 1 day ago #34191 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic The Ultimate $49 Android Tablet
I find the BT KB to go to sleep too quick, so always missing first few char when typing.