Chirps, Grasshopper Tacos, and more

More
1 week 1 day ago - 1 week 1 day ago #33281 by Isamorph
What's grosser, eating free range insects, or eating chickens, pigs, fish, and cows?

Insect hot dogs, sausages, and insect pizza doesn't sound too bad.

Maybe just eating plants will do.

If it's somehow proven that eating insects lowers cholesterol, enhances sex life, causes weight loss, and increases longevity, then game on. Time to invest in insect stocks.

www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2019/01/09/would-you-toss-roasted-insects-into-your-meal-this-health-app-is-betting-yes/?utm_term=.8ce6445f9f5b

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 1 day ago - 1 week 1 day ago #33316 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Or maybe...
Get truly radical and choose...breatharianism ?? :
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia

Inedia (Latin for "fasting") or breatharianism is the belief that it is possible for a person to live without consuming food. Breatharians claim that food, and in some cases water, are not necessary for survival, and that humans can be sustained solely by prana, the vital life force in Hinduism. According to Ayurveda, sunlight is one of the main sources of prana, and some practitioners believe that it is possible for a person to survive on sunlight alone. The terms breatharianism or inedia may also refer to this philosophy when it is practiced as a lifestyle in place of the usual diet.

Breatharianism is deadly in practice, and several adherents of these practices have died from starvation and dehydration. Though it is common knowledge that animals require sustenance to survive, breatharianism continues.

Or is that merely another form of self-abuse ??

Speaking personally - I enjoy eating; it is a pleasure that can usually be depended upon & which is able to bring great satisfaction if/when one is also health oriented.
Not against the consumption of bugs either, as that would make them useful rather than mostly annoying, but:
If they are more costly to use instead of common market items like bean sprouts or mushrooms, why bother ??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
1 week 1 day ago #33331 by Isamorph
Yes, life is meaningless with or without food, but it's much more meaningless without eating food. And breathing is good for one and keeps one alive, and it can be done without thinking about it, until something goes amiss. Crickets, meat, fish, plants, sunlight, oxygen---it's all good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
4 days 7 hours ago #33452 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Indeed.

Now...
If bugs could be made into really, really good coffee - many folks would adore them for that !!

Many years ago it occurred to me that coffee is actually the 'elixir vitae' of myth & I still hold that as a truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
4 days 6 hours ago #33456 by Isamorph

Extraterrestrial_Zoologist wrote: Indeed.

Now...
If bugs could be made into really, really good coffee - many folks would adore them for that !!

Many years ago it occurred to me that coffee is actually the 'elixir vitae' of myth & I still hold that as a truth.

Yeah---"Chirp Dark Roast" coffee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist