Hot Deals

More
2 months 5 days ago #41782 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Thanks for that added info Isamorph !!
Looking at their page for that box shows it'll do USB stuff & wired ethernet, so one must presume that it is all possible with the correct additions - 2 other facts which do not impress me about this box:
1 - No SD slot (along with its single USB port...) ;
2 - Its remote is bluetooth & very limited, control-wise, so to get more functions would require adding even more stuff as it also lacks the optical remote capability.
(I guess for such a low price they had to limit its options...?)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 5 days ago - 2 months 5 days ago #41783 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
BF deal at BJs Wholesale Club 11/29 - 12/2 - BF deal $29.99:

Amazon Fire 7 7" Tablet with Alexa, 16GB Memory - Black
Item: 235857 Model: B07FKR6KXF

Currently $49.99
Its 7" display is a bit smaller than I would like - but for anyone with really good eyesight it may be a very good deal when that time comes.

More
2 months 2 days ago - 2 months 14 hours ago #41800 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Hot Deals
$ 5 Men's sunglasses. Can pay with Paypal if so desired. Also, free shipping.
slickdeals.net/f/13593631-select-kenneth-cole-sunglasses-5-shipped?src=frontpage

www.amazon.com/Kenneth-Cole-Reaction-Rectangle-KC1072/dp/B00AO833I4/ref=pd_sbs_309_t_1/137-2353062-1834719?_encoding

Also: 550lbs of BBQ Sauce for $359 --- EXPIRED----but why?

I guess this 550 ponds of BBQ Sauce could be used for restaurants or a big family or group function. But caveat emptor, the Amazon reviewer below didn't think highly of it.

"It's a totally pointless product. Its just a slightly goopy (sugar + thickeners), diluted-worcestershire sauce, basically. You'd need to have a lobotomy to think you couldn't do better than this. Take a bottle of worcestershire sauce, add equal part water, and then a teaspoon of clove. That is it. Literally all it tastes like. Do No Waste Your Money."

Whatever it means, the word "Chipotle" on the face of the barrel makes me a bit nervous.

slickdeals.net/f/13589035-550-lbs-of-head-country-bbq-sauce-on-sale-for-359?prop=pfd-13589035%7Cprt-3&src=featured
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
2 months 15 hours ago #41826 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Hot Deals
Moto E5 and the usual 1500 mins/texts/mb for the year. Verizon phone. HSN new customers $29.95 with code NEW20. Code should work on other phones.
slickdeals.net/f/13603213-hsn-motorola-moto-e5-5-7-16gb-tracfone-w-8mp-camera-1500-min-text-data-49-99-or-less-w-free-shipping ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, als, Extraterrestrial_Zoologist, realLexusl21

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #41834 by mmfacemm
Googlefi has the Moto G7 for $99 and the pixel 3a for $249. The usual activation is required but no minimum period. So you can cancel soon afterwards. I'd place some calls and texts at least to show you tried it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: als, Isamorph, st3fx

More
1 month 4 weeks ago - 1 month 4 weeks ago #41837 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Hot Deals
For those wanting some extra data for holiday travels:

FreedomPop and Unreal Mobile pre-loaded SIMs are on sale again at Target and Best Buy.

Unreal Mobile, has unlimited 2G, and some data rollover.

Unreal Mobile 3 month, 1GB/mo: $13.99 at Best Buy, $11.99 at Target. (The Target price is shown on the website, but if I check local store stock via Brickseek, it still indicates $19.99-- so maybe online only, or maybe not updated yet?) Normally $20.

Unreal Mobile, 3 month, 2GB/mo: $20.99 at Best Buy, $19.99 at Target. Normal price $30.

Unreal Mobile, 3 month, 5GB/mo: $41.99 at Best Buy. $43.99 at Target.

FreedomPop: no fallback 2G, no rollover, no overages.

FP 3 month, 1GB is $11.99 at Target, but shows as temporarily out of stock for shipping (and not in stock at my local store.) Normally $20

FP 12 month, 1GB/mo is $34.99 at both Best Buy and Target (website or instore.) (normallly $50)

FP 12 month, 5GB/mo is $104.99 at Best Buy. Normally $150.

Both stores have the Unreal and Freedompop starter SIMs (no included data) for just under $1.
I'm tempted to pick up one of the Unreal starter SIMs to stash in my 'what if' kit.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 month 4 weeks ago #41846 by PEW

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 month 4 weeks ago - 1 month 4 weeks ago #41847 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Hot Deals

mmfacemm wrote: Googlefi has the Moto G7 for $99 and the pixel 3a for $249. The usual activation is required but no minimum period. So you can cancel soon afterwards. I'd place some calls and texts at least to show you tried it out.

"If Google Fi determines that this offer is used in connection with abuse, misuse, or fraud, or if the account used to purchase the phone is not in good standing, the discounted amount will be charged to your Google Pay account."

What the heck does this mean?

BTW, no 5G antenna, so it's effectively obsolete. :(

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #41849 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic Hot Deals
Best Buy and Walmart both have 58" 4k smart TVs for $199 for Black Friday.

The Best Buy TV has Fire TV built in and the Walmart TV has Roku.

The Best Buy deal also includes a free Echo Dot.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #41851 by mmfacemm

PEW wrote:

mmfacemm wrote: Googlefi has the Moto G7 for $99 and the pixel 3a for $249. The usual activation is required but no minimum period. So you can cancel soon afterwards. I'd place some calls and texts at least to show you tried it out.

"If Google Fi determines that this offer is used in connection with abuse, misuse, or fraud, or if the account used to purchase the phone is not in good standing, the discounted amount will be charged to your Google Pay account."

What the heck does this mean?

Probably to stop people buying to resell or other things like that. Or if you have bought lots of cheap phones from them and never use Fi. Just a catch all clause.

Really if you make some calls and texts and try it out for a couple of days you should be fine to cancel without any issue.