Hot Deals

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #41647 by sovashadow
Replied by sovashadow on topic Hot Deals

Isamorph wrote: $15 for life is a solid deal even if this VPN is just OK.

slickdeals.net/f/13533658-keepsolid-vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription-15?page=2#commentsBox

They have been caught logging peoples traffic before, pass
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #41649 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Hot Deals

sovashadow wrote:

Isamorph wrote: $15 for life is a solid deal even if this VPN is just OK.

slickdeals.net/f/13533658-keepsolid-vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription-15?page=2#commentsBox

They have been caught logging peoples traffic before, pass

It did get some decent reviews from tech sites as well as users/people on the SlickDeals thread. But $15 for a supposed $ 499-lifetime subscription makes one a bit leary. And I hope R.Giuliani has no connection to it.

"KeepSolid is based in the United States and the Ukraine, and its CEO and founder, Vasiliy Ivanov, is publicly identified."

www.macworld.com/article/3330938/keepsolid-vpn-unlimited-review.html

www.google.com/search?q=keepsolid+vpn+review&oq=KeepSolid+VPN&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l2j69i60l3.3844j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

More
2 months 1 week ago #41655 by Isamorph
$40 for an Amazon 8" HD tablet for "new' QVC customers.

"Note, free shipping may not apply to California addresses." Really, what's up with that? Must not have the correct smog equipment for California.

slickdeals.net/f/13405804-amazon-fire-8-hd-wi-fi-tablet-quad-core-w-32gb-sd-card-app-pack-only-39-98?src=fa-f7b203f22d0f401e86f07390ab6efc04&prop=azcid-18778749
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #41656 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Couldn't resist peeking, and though it says tomorrow's date here...:

Best Price Available through 11/11 at 11:59PM PT!

We're sorry. This item is not available at this time.

And after a reload:

Just missed it! This item is Sold Out

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 months 1 week ago #41658 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Hot Deals
slickdeals.net/f/13538773-safeway-just-for-u-members-10-off-100-mastercard-gift-card

So buy using credit card, get 2-3% back on credit card purchase.
This gets you additional 4% off ($100 +5.95 - 10 for a $100 card).
Use the card to pay your bill, effectively getting 6-7% discount on that bill.

More
2 months 1 week ago #41660 by Isamorph

Extraterrestrial_Zoologist wrote: Couldn't resist peeking, and though it says tomorrow's date here...:

Best Price Available through 11/11 at 11:59PM PT!

We're sorry. This item is not available at this time.

And after a reload:

Just missed it! This item is Sold Out

They're sorry and so am I. The SD email containing that deal arrived just a few hours ago. I did suspect it would be a deal that wouldn't last long, but longer than that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #41664 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Hot Deals
Air filter deal

slickdeals.net/f/13540519-3-pack-3m-filtrete-allergen-defense-hvac-furnace-filters-800-mpr-walmart-15-88

Plus, extra $5 back for if you buy two of the 3-pack and file for the rebate. So, effectively $30 for 6 filters... $5 each.
multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/1481603O/us-filtrete-q1-q2-rebate-2018.pdf

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #41749 by Isamorph
"16GB LG Rebel 4 Smartphone w/ Tracfone 1500 Mins/Text/Data"

$30 for new HSN customers using the coupon code.

slickdeals.net/f/13563178-lg-rebel-4-5-hd-16gb-tracfone-with-1500-minutes-text-data-hsn-49-free-shipping?src=frontpage

Also an 8K Tv for $60,000 and free shipping. Maybe it will cost less during Black Friday.

slickdeals.net/f/13563835-samsung-98-class-q900-qled-smart-8k-uhd-tv-2019-59-999-99-free-shipping-1200-back-in-points-at-samsung-com?prop=pfd-13563835%7Cprt-3&src=featured

MORE: $40 for a Xiaomi Android TV streaming box seems a good deal since it's the lowest price I've seen on this box. I believe there is a general consensus that Xiaomi products are of superior quality compared to most of their Chinese rivals.

www.walmart.com/ip/Xiaomi-Mi-Box-S-4K-HDR-Android-TV-with-Google-Assistant-Remote-Streaming-Media-Player/677842593

More
2 months 5 days ago - 2 months 5 days ago #41779 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Worthy of note (IMO) for this exact device:

Isamorph wrote: " [snipped for brevity]...
MORE: $40 for a Xiaomi Android TV streaming box seems a good deal since it's the lowest price I've seen on this box. I believe there is a general consensus that Xiaomi products are of superior quality compared to most of their Chinese rivals.

www.walmart.com/ip/Xiaomi-Mi-Box-S-4K-HDR-Android-TV-with-Google-Assistant-Remote-Streaming-Media-Player/677842593

Is that it has no ethernet port (RJ45), just a single USB port, HDMI & an audio jack, so:
Folks like us who cannot use WIFI for streaming would have to try to connect a USB ethernet dongle via a hub, if possible - which may be a very hit-or-miss thing.

Also perhaps worthy of note is that it has the lesser style remote and if one doesn't wish to be 'heard' by the big G at all times, hopefully there is some way to amputate that function from its s/w...?

More
2 months 5 days ago - 2 months 5 days ago #41780 by Isamorph
Hey--E_Z True, it has no ethernet port similar to some Roku streaming sticks, so for the few people without wifi to stream with, it's not really an option. But it does come with Dolby audio and a built-in Chromecast which at $40 might be a bargain for some. For $15 one could pick up an ethernet adapter, but then one is talking $55.

www.mi.com/us/mi-box-s
www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-Android-Google-Assistant-Streaming/dp/B07KLWGGYS
www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1X28F1/ref=sspa_dk_detail_9?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01N1X28F1&pd_rd_w=u4ITz&pf_rd_p