Hot Deals

More
3 months 1 week ago #41254 by Isamorph
The following user(s) said Thank You: als, Extraterrestrial_Zoologist, Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #41258 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Hot Deals
Love tracfone. One thing you know is they aren't going to disappear into the night and run off with your money. Those minutes etc totals will rollover when you buy a another card a year later
The following user(s) said Thank You: als, Isamorph

More
3 months 1 week ago #41260 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Hot Deals

Mark wrote: Love tracfone. One thing you know is they aren't going to disappear into the night and run off with your money. Those minutes etc totals will rollover when you buy a another card a year later

One definitely can count on Tracfone being around for a year and more once you have the minutes and data on your account. And the rollover feature is a big plus. But in a few cases, when not careful, a few people have seen one's stash of Tracfone minutes and data disappear into the night after CS has performed one of their occasional abracadabras. That said, there is a good reason why Tracfone has endured and been around many years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: als, Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #41261 by johnsmith
Replied by johnsmith on topic Hot Deals

Isamorph wrote:

Mark wrote: Love tracfone. One thing you know is they aren't going to disappear into the night and run off with your money. Those minutes etc totals will rollover when you buy a another card a year later

in a few cases, when not careful, a few people have seen one's stash of Tracfone minutes and data disappear into the night after CS has performed one of their occasional abracadabras.

I can vouch that it happens because it happened to a family member who I ported into FreeUp out of frustration because she lost many years accumulation of minutes and data and not through any action on her part.
The following user(s) said Thank You: als, Extraterrestrial_Zoologist, Isamorph

More
3 months 1 week ago #41266 by st3fx
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph

More
3 months 1 week ago #41270 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Yes indeed:

johnsmith wrote: I can vouch that it happens because it happened to a family member who I ported into FreeUp out of frustration because she lost many years accumulation of minutes and data and not through any action on her part.

No more TF for us after the month or minutes are used up in my partner's former (lobotomized) TF which I now have...and hate.

We have also had TF minutes get disappeared by their horrid CS a couple of times - and getting that year with 1200 minutes, for us, would only assure that we'd have to buy more minutes at their exorbitant pricing - so, unless another 'mistake' deal shows up (very unlikely !!) we are all done with TF.

However - a truly wonderful gift of a Moto phone has given her some serious GSM goodness & that is on the RP 'Essentials' 90 day deal until & if I can score their BF deal for a 360 day re-up of that same plan.

She just adores that 'new' phone & it is 1000 times better than the horrid TF device could ever be.
(What TF does to Android devices is just plain nasty IMO !!)

Hopefully none of FP's flukiness will rub off onto Red Pocket as their services have been very good & far more cost effective than TF's usual pricing has ever been EXCEPT for that terrific $1 deal that was a once-in-a-lifetime (wonderful) accident on their part.
The following user(s) said Thank You: als

More
3 months 1 week ago #41271 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Hot Deals
Et_Z writes: "and getting that year with 1200 minutes, for us, would only assure that we'd have to buy more minutes at their exorbitant pricing "

While I agree that there is an inherent risk of having Tracfone lose your buckets, Tracfone has made some changes, & it's no longer true that minutes (or texts, or data) are only available at exorbitant prices.

If a phone is eligible to use 'smartphone' cards, these add-ons are available, with full rollover as long as you have remaining service days:
Minutes: $10 for 500 minutes. ($0.02/minute)
Text: $5 for 1000 texts ($0.005/text)
Data: $10/GB. (and sometimes with a discount or bonus to lower the price/GB)
These are very cheap per-unit rates for pay-as-you-go..

Applying the same per-unit add-on rates to the $50 annual ebay plan would value the 1200/1200/3GB at $60, so the ebay plan offers a reasonable discount from those already reasonable per-unit costs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, als, Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
3 months 1 week ago #41272 by tech-stitch
Replied by tech-stitch on topic Hot Deals
Agreed. I just have those with TF to make regular print screens of their allotments that remain. This has been very helpful for the two or three account washouts / resets I have seen in the past 4 years. Each time, they have restored the minutes once provided with the facts and advised that I have proof. Sure, an inconvenience, but does not happen often enough to be an issue and for us, it has not happened in over a year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: als

• als
  • Smartphone
  • Smartphone
More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #41277 by als
Replied by als on topic Hot Deals
Tracfone one year plan 1500/1500/1500 was great for a retired person travelling the country, and self sufficient boon- docking(no water, electric power, wifi, showers,park toilet, laundromat or dump station) in an RV. For $60 It offered a stash of 1500 minutes per year, available to be used at any time. We hardly used the phone at all. Instead relying on internet when in locations that offered it, or finding the nearest friendly library.
When Family emergencies came up , we could move to a location with good service and then, talk and work things through, make travel arrangements if necessary, without the added stress of worrying about being cut off. Peace of mind for us on a limited budget was well worth $60 per year.

Being retired we also had the time to navigate the horrible cumbersome (not)customer service on offer and come out at least even navigating the perils of losing accumulated minutes/ texts/ and data.

Now, having gone back to work full time: Workplace needs pictures sent daily. Tracfone is no longer a viable alternative since much better plans with unlimited talk text and data offers are available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
3 months 1 day ago #41344 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Hot Deals