Hot Deals

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #27248 by PEW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #27270 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Hot Deals
This is not a "hot" deal, but an everyday Walmart deal for some, depending on one's needs. About 2-1/2 years ago I purchased one of Walmart's "value" car batteries at $50, which is about 1/2 or less than you would pay for a regular battery, though the value batteries are only warranted for 1 year. But if one has a car that is a spare, or one that is near EOL, then it's a pretty good deal, and I suspect that these cheap batteries will probably last 2 to 3 years without problems.

www.walmart.com/browse/auto-tires/car-batteries/valuepower/91083_1074765_1104292_1072085/YnJhbmQ6VmFsdWVQb3dlcgieie

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #27274 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Isamorph, sometimes I wonder if you and I are somehow related ?!?

As it happens I also got one of those for my (now) 24 year old car most of 10 years ago...

Given the rather deep cold we get here as well as my car sitting very much of the time, I also found a great deal on this thing:
"BatteryMINDer Model 12117: 12 Volt 1.33 Amp (12V 1.33A) Charger/Maintainer/Desulfator "

It is just a tiny little 'wall-wart' plug-in box with a couple of LEDs and its cable and draws next to no power.

Put it on the car when I know it'll sit for a while - take it off when I'm ready to use the car - and it has literally ALWAYS started up EVERY time (even when its been -30F), thereby giving me ~10 years from that '1 year' battery.

Well worth what it cost me - 'specially since I've been able to keep that same battery all this time - which to me means its paid for itself a bunch of times over.
($30 today at 'zon, goes on special there & at Northern Tool for ~$25 every so often.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
1 year 1 month ago #27275 by Isamorph
I suspect that we were both born with the eol(end of life) gene not activated, perhaps an allergy or mutation. I've been meaning to pick up a solar powered battery trickle charger, which if used in the intense desert sun will have that battery bubbling with life for a long time.
www.amazon.com/Schumacher-SP-200-Solar-Battery-Maintainer/dp/B004ZC3TFC/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1527915387&sr=8-9&keywords=solar+trickle+charger+for+car+battery
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #27277 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Ah-hah !!
Perhaps this is why dire illness hasn't done me in yet ?!?

Just FYI=>
The function that prolongs battery life for a lead/acid battery is the desulphator part - which imposes a frequency upon a slight charging current that in effect keeps the battery 'young'.

Ordinary trickle chargers do not have that - and most desulphators are either too crummy to actually work well, or very, very spendy.
(I even considered a DIY desulphator before finding the one I got for less than I could make one, and with ratings which were encouraging enough for me to get it - been glad I did every since !!)

If it were me - there - with all that good sunlight around, I'd pair this desulphator up with a 110V solar power source, ass-u-ming such a thing could be had without $pending a fortune, that is !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
1 year 1 month ago #27278 by Isamorph
Thanks for the desulphator info E_Z. I wouldn't mind forking out the money for even a pricey desulphator if I could also attach it to my fingertips right before I go to bed at night in an effort to extend my EOL date, for going to and soaking in the nearest sulfur springs is a hassle.

• so2speak
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1 year 1 month ago #27295 by so2speak
Replied by so2speak on topic Hot Deals
Orbic WONDER ‑ 16 GB ‑ Black ‑ Unlocked ‑ CDMA/GSM

I bought this phone solely on the recommendation of Dennis Bournique (Prepaidphonenews), whom I greatly respect.

www.prepaidphonenews.com/2018/05/prepaid-phones-on-sale-this-week-may-27.html

www.ebay.com/itm/182960824100

I could find little info on the web about it.

I got it 2 days ago, and have plugged in SIMs from all 4 networks. Everything worked very well and I really like this phone( SO FAR)

It's advertised as used (9 on a scale of 10), but my phone looked brand new to me.

As to my final impression, ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

I'll offer an update in 4 weeks if anyone is interested.

More
1 year 1 month ago #27296 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Hot Deals
I would be very interested in your update on the Orbic Wonder, so2speak !
I've been tempted by that offer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: so2speak

More
1 year 1 month ago #27301 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Hot Deals
The orbic wonder is on the sprint byod list too so should be able to get the free year of unlimited.
The following user(s) said Thank You: so2speak

More
1 year 1 month ago #27302 by Isamorph
For $70, not much could go wrong. Amazon wants $ 200 for it. A "wonder".

www.amazon.com/Orbic-Wonder-Factory-Unlocked-Phone/dp/B076QRMJPL