Hot Deals

More
1 year 3 days ago #26835 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Thanks for that confirmation KentE !!
Given that data services around here via cellular are a future development yet to come - FP remains a poor choice for us.

Thus our main cellular usage remains via Twigby & we're quite content with that - except for when we need GSM sometimes - for which we have loads of unused TF minutes.
Our TF cards never sold - so we'll use them up instead & when that time looms close I'll enable my GSM phone on Redpocket using the deal that was posted here a while back.

If/when there may be some REAL cellular offer cheaper than TF PAYG or Redpocket we'll likely go for that, but for now all is well enough that I'll look at such things, and that's about all - no more mass wastes of time & effort like what happened with the old rp or cn for this old guy !!

Thanks, and Best Wishes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 days ago #26869 by peterquinn
Replied by peterquinn on topic Hot Deals

KentE wrote: ... snipped ...

Purchasing the muti-month plan through Best Buy (or other 3rd-party retailer) also means no required CC on file with Freedompop: one of the typical concerns.

@KentE, does this mean that these plans don't require activation fees? (like the free-plan FP sims purchased from BestBuy)? So basically just put the multi-month sim into a phone and you're good to go without having to set up an account? (if you don't need the extra friends data)

That will make the $3.75/mo FP sim superior to the lower-end RedPocket offerings! Or is there some catch?

More
1 year 2 days ago #26874 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Hot Deals
No catch that I'm aware of, peterquinn. The multi-month plans bought through 3rd-party sites (Best Buy, Target, etc.) don't come with free trials that have to be downgraded or auto-top-up that has to be turned off, don't require a CC on file, can be stored for at least a while before activation, and seem to include voicemail service. You do have to go online to activate them, and probably have to set up 'an account' (but not a payment source)-- they're not purchased pre-activated like the SIMs we get straight from FreedomPop, but they are pre-loaded.
You do have to add a CC if you want to port a number, enable overages or buy additional data, etc.

I think it's a great deal as a data-only plan & you get kind-of-a-phone line. For my use, VOiP isn't reliable enough for me to rely on it as a main phone line, but I've used it with no problem for long calls to Customer Service lines, catching up with relatives, etc.

More
1 year 2 days ago #26875 by lexusl21
Replied by lexusl21 on topic Hot Deals
How much are the plans at best buy?

More
1 year 2 days ago #26877 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Hot Deals

lexusl21 wrote: How much are the plans at best buy?

Normally $50, currently on sale for $45

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #27053 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Hot Deals
TracFone Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro Bundle
w/ 1500 Minutes / 1500 Texts / 1500MB Data (365 Days of Service)
$79.95 - $15 w/ MasterPass promo = $64.95
TracFone Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro Bundle
w/ 1000 Minutes / 1000 Texts / 1000MB Data (6 Months of Service)
$89.95 - $15 w/ MasterPass promo = $74.95
TracFone Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro Bundle
w/ 1200 Minutes / 1200 Texts / 1200MB Data (365 Days of Service)
$99.95 - $15 w/ MasterPass promo = $84.95

slickdeals.net/f/11622963-tracfone-samsung-galaxy-j3-luna-pro-bundle-w-1500-minutes-texts-data-65-more-w-masterpass-checkout-free-s-h

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #27171 by SuccessOne
Replied by SuccessOne on topic Hot Deals
Amazon has LG X charge - 16 GB – Unlocked (AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile) - Titanium - Prime Exclusive for $99.99. Good for all three major carriers (AT&T, T-mobile, and Sprint) and their MVNOs
www.amazon.com/dp/B0791V62ML?tag=delt-20&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamielih, Chelle, mmfacemm

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #27174 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Hot Deals
LED Bulb sale... if you have not switched, time to consider. Less heat from light = lower cooling cost for the summer.

slickdeals.net/f/11638267-lowe-s-select-led-bulbs-90-off-or-more-ymmv-online-and-in-store

More
11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #27176 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
This is a wonderful thread for us frugal sorts - sincere thanks go out to all who contribute here !!

It saddens me to see that such a wonderfully feature-filled phone shows that LG is following other makers, thusly:

...get up to 2 days of battery life from the 4,500 mAh embedded battery...

That was the single detail that turned me away from this model when it was on special before.

Sadly, the nearest Lowes to us is well over an hour's drive so this is not a deal we'll be able to get reasonably.
But we have done well in this regard already as we were lucky that the local utilities sponsored a great rebate a while back.
Also since then the Dollar Tree stores have been selling 4-packs of those bulbs for $1.
Having replaced every bulb with an LED bulb has given us a nice reduction in the electric bill !!

Another related item:
After the holidays when the box stores cleared out all that stuff, we were able to get a couple of strings of LED xmas lights rated at using very little power for under $1 each, and those now brighten up a couple of darker areas in our apartment.

An important detail about LED lighting is that it is actually cheaper to make - especially when compared with CFLs or filament bulbs - as there is no need for glass envelopes, vacuum, or special gas fillings.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #27186 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic Hot Deals

SuccessOne wrote: Amazon has LG X charge - 16 GB – Unlocked (AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile) - Titanium - Prime Exclusive for $99.99. Good for all three major carriers (AT&T, T-mobile, and Sprint) and their MVNOs
www.amazon.com/dp/B0791V62ML?tag=delt-20&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thanks for the heads-up!

I love the phone so much that I bought one to keep as a spare.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamielih, SuccessOne