Hot Deals

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
4 months 4 days ago #33509 by PEW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 days ago #33524 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Hot Deals
$86 for an Asus Chromebit. Connect it to a monitor or tv and a mouse and keyboard and you have a Chrome OS pc.

bgr.com/2019/01/16/chromebook-sale-on-amazon-size-of-flash-drive/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, unbeknownst to me

More
4 months 4 days ago #33526 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic Hot Deals

Isamorph wrote: $86 for an Asus Chromebit. Connect it to a monitor or tv and a mouse and keyboard and you have a Chrome OS pc.

Great device. Doesn't support Google Play Store but still an awesome device.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
4 months 4 days ago - 4 months 4 days ago #33527 by unbeknownst to me
Replied by unbeknownst to me on topic Hot Deals

Isamorph wrote: $86 for an Asus Chromebit. Connect it to a monitor or tv and a mouse and keyboard and you have a Chrome OS pc.

Wow! This is really cool! I was unaware such a thing existed.
Thanks, I'm ordering one right now.

• als
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
4 months 4 days ago #33530 by als
Replied by als on topic Hot Deals
:( I had a similar device. It was outstanding! If you are using it in a hotel room and you are susceptible to CRS like me you need to figure out some way to remind yourself to disconnect it from the room tv and take it with you......

More
4 months 4 days ago #33531 by Chelle
The Chromebit works well with PdaNet+. You don't even have to install an app or browser extension on the Chromebit to connect through your cellphone's PdaNet+ app. Just add a ":8000" to the gateway address and it will connect to the WiFi Direct hotspot on your phone.

This gives you unlimited hotspot because PdaNet+ WiFi Direct hotspot looks like on-device data to your cellular provider and won't count as hotspot usage.

That means you can stream all you want and it'll look like you're watching it on your phone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PEW, Isamorph, unbeknownst to me

More
4 months 4 days ago #33532 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Hot Deals

als wrote: :( I had a similar device. It was outstanding! If you are using it in a hotel room and you are susceptible to CRS like me you need to figure out some way to remind yourself to disconnect it from the room tv and take it with you......

Well, on the bright side, someone is probably enjoying it very much, so you made someone happy.:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: als

More
4 months 4 days ago - 4 months 4 days ago #33533 by unbeknownst to me
Replied by unbeknownst to me on topic Hot Deals

Chelle wrote: The Chromebit works well with PdaNet+. You don't even have to install an app or browser extension on the Chromebit to connect through your cellphone's PdaNet+ app. Just add a ":8000" to the gateway address and it will connect to the WiFi Direct hotspot on your phone.

This gives you unlimited hotspot because PdaNet+ WiFi Direct hotspot looks like on-device data to your cellular provider and won't count as hotspot usage.

That means you can stream all you want and it'll look like you're watching it on your phone.

I know I already said it once on this thread, but:
Wow!. That is really cool!
Thanks Chelle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

• als
  • Rotary Dial
  • Rotary Dial
More
4 months 4 days ago #33534 by als
Replied by als on topic Hot Deals

Isamorph wrote:

als wrote: :( I had a similar device. It was outstanding! If you are using it in a hotel room and you are susceptible to CRS like me you need to figure out some way to remind yourself to disconnect it from the room tv and take it with you......

Well, on the bright side, someone is probably enjoying it very much, so you made someone happy.:)

@ Isamorph Thanks for the lead in to one of my favorites, "Always look on the bright side Monty Python

More
4 months 4 days ago #33535 by Chelle

I'm bad about this.

I run the power cord through my keyring so I can't start the car unless I've remembered to grab my streaming device.
The following user(s) said Thank You: als