Old grandfathered free plans to be changed to 250 min/texts plan

More
1 week 6 days ago #44088 by johnsmith

KentE wrote:

johnsmith wrote:

KentE wrote: I just got the email on my account, too.
The plan has been very useful to me, and will remain so as long as it's offered. I bought a dual-SIM phone to pair the FreeUP SIM with a FreedomPop SIM, and don't think I ever used any of the 100MB data allowance. I was still glad to have the 100mb, as it was my 'spare gas tank'.

I like your dual sim setup but without native data- mms and group messages probably won't work.
I never initiate either type but am perpetually a recipient of both. :)

Well, perhaps not 100% reliable & compliant, but I use Google Voice for texts, and group texts and pictures are receuved without caring about which SIM is providing data. That leaves me all 250 talk/text units for talk.

I use GV as well but also needed much more data for other apps so only bought FreeUp sims for older family members and one elderly friend.
Across the board they all say they will be fine with the new allocations for the free plans so fingers crossed that stays for a while. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 days 2 hours ago - 3 days 1 hour ago #44234 by echance20
I just renewed my free plan online Instead of renewing I got a error message the 500 TorT 100mb plan no longer available There is no option to switch to the 250 min text plan. I sent a message to CSR and they setup the 250 talk 250 text plan
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Chelle, Diedrich_Duo

More
2 days 20 hours ago #44238 by KentE
Thanks, echance20
I successfully renewed my 500/100mb plan about 6 days ago, and was surprised that it appeared to renew at that allotment. Then I looked back at the email they sent, and it did say that the change would happen when accounts renewed in April.
So, nice that they gave plenty of notice, but it seems they may have jumped the gun a little if your rollover date is before April 1.

I hope they fix the online renewal so we don't have to call in to get the new free plan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
2 days 19 hours ago #44239 by echance20
Hi KentE
The 250 plan is worded as 250 talk & text, thinking if I made a 1 min call it would deduct the text as well. But low n behold I did a test call 1 min and I logged into my account and the 1 min was deducted the text was not deducted I have 249 min and 250 text available.
I have 2 more lines where I was able to keep my current old free plans since 1 was renewed on March 17 the other other March 24th. The plan CSR renewed for me was April 3 rd now the 250 plan renews April 24th
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE