Old grandfathered free plans to be changed to 250 min/texts plan

More
4 weeks 12 hours ago - 3 weeks 5 days ago #43884 by bingyee
I have not received any email. I have a single account with 3 lines. 2 lines have 500 min or text/100mb data. The third has 1000 min or text no data.

3-2-20: nevermind. I got the notice this morning. I'm likely going to port out one of my 3 lines.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 7 hours ago - 4 weeks 7 hours ago #43886 by y4vix
I too received the Email . As I parsed through the wording I saw some cause for possible optimism:
"Your assistance as we beta tested free plan offerings has been very helpful"

-Given this wording , an implicit take away could be that the complimentary 250/250 could continue indefinitely.
-But who knows, all of this is rightfully at their discretion.
-But whatever happens, I am grateful for the free ride on the quality AT&T network, and for the full month in advance notice of the changes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, LouP

More
4 weeks 5 hours ago #43888 by echance20
FYI Freeup mobile has been bought by Ztar mobile and that’s the cause of the free plans being migrated to the 250 talk 250 text.
See at bestmvno.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: PEW, tech-stitch, dst11

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #43904 by RoadRanger
Just got the email for my 1000/1000/0 plan :/

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #43925 by tech-stitch
Finally got the email on my 1000 T or T plan.

More
2 weeks 22 hours ago #44066 by vt4702
I got the email today. Totally bummed, 100mb was all I needed for a month. I decided to go with Red Pocket $5/month ebay 360 day basic plan. I'll renew my free FreeUp as backup but I don't expect to be using it much. I AM happy with the grandfathered $10 plan for unlimited talk/texts so I hope that plan stays around a bit longer.

More
1 week 6 days ago #44084 by KentE
I just got the email on my account, too.
The plan has been very useful to me, and will remain so as long as it's offered. I bought a dual-SIM phone to pair the FreeUP SIM with a FreedomPop SIM, and don't think I ever used any of the 100MB data allowance. I was still glad to have the 100mb, as it was my 'spare gas tank'.

More
1 week 6 days ago #44085 by mmfacemm
The free calling is still nice but a lot less useful to me without the 100mb.

I'd pay $1/month to keep my old plan.

More
1 week 6 days ago - 1 week 6 days ago #44086 by johnsmith

KentE wrote: I just got the email on my account, too.
The plan has been very useful to me, and will remain so as long as it's offered. I bought a dual-SIM phone to pair the FreeUP SIM with a FreedomPop SIM, and don't think I ever used any of the 100MB data allowance. I was still glad to have the 100mb, as it was my 'spare gas tank'.

I like your dual sim setup but without native data- mms and group messages probably won't work.
I never initiate either type but am perpetually a recipient of both. :)

More
1 week 6 days ago #44087 by KentE

johnsmith wrote:

KentE wrote: I just got the email on my account, too.

I like your dual sim setup but without native data- mms and group messages probably won't work.
I never initiate either type but am perpetually a recipient of both. :)

Well, perhaps not 100% reliable & compliant, but I use Google Voice for texts, and group texts and pictures are receuved without caring about which SIM is providing data. That leaves me all 250 talk/text units for talk.