What kind of phone is needed for FreeUp?

• dst11
  • dst11's Avatar Topic Author
  • Smoke Signals
  • Smoke Signals
More
5 days 16 hours ago #41632 by dst11
What kind of phone do I need to sign-up for and use FreeUp? Phones that were used on Sprint's network are a no, but unlocked gsm phones are OK, right? What about phones that say 'Network: AT&T' or 'Network Status: Locked (AT&T)'? Aren't those OK since FreeUp uses AT&T's network?

I'm looking for cheap used flip phones at eBay. I'll be using the cell phone very very very lightly (~5 minutes a month). Any models you recommend? I see a lot of Samsung SGH XXXX models. XXXX is A237/A117/A437/A107/A167/A157/A707/A997/A197/X497/C417. Also, a lot of LG models. I'd like a tough/sturdy and not a delicate phone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 days 11 hours ago #41638 by Diedrich_Duo

dst11 wrote: What kind of phone do I need to sign-up for and use FreeUp? Phones that were used on Sprint's network are a no, but unlocked gsm phones are OK, right? What about phones that say 'Network: AT&T' or 'Network Status: Locked (AT&T)'? Aren't those OK since FreeUp uses AT&T's network?

I'm looking for cheap used flip phones at eBay. I'll be using the cell phone very very very lightly (~5 minutes a month). Any models you recommend? I see a lot of Samsung SGH XXXX models. XXXX is A237/A117/A437/A107/A167/A157/A707/A997/A197/X497/C417. Also, a lot of LG models. I'd like a tough/sturdy and not a delicate phone.

You might want to consider just buying an inexpensive new phone, and it looks like @mmfacemm has found a great deal at Best Buy:
www.nthcircle.com/forum/general/1357-hot-deals?start=610#41636

AT&T Prepaid phones do work on FreeUP (just need a FreeUP SIM). Good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoadRanger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.