FU 'support' ?? LOLz !!!

More
1 week 5 days ago #41493 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
KentE - you are always so wonderfully helpful - Sincerest Thanks !!!

When I tried the method provided by LouP...
I dialed in:
*004*8002215807*11#
Pressed call, and the code is rejected as connection problem or invalid mmi code, sadly.
Thanks all the same !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #41494 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
OK, tried all:

RoadRanger wrote: My wife has Total Wireless and this worked to get GV happy :) dunno if it will work with FU :
*71[10-digit Google Voice Number]
*90[10-digit Google Voice Number]
*92[10-digit Google Voice Number]
They are all conditional call forwarding for different scenarios. One is if you reject a call, another one is an unanswered call, and I think another is if you are already on a call (but I could be mistaken about this one).

And also info found here:
www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-voice/KM1000459
Still nothing worked - all rejected.

More
1 week 5 days ago #41496 by tech-stitch
With your experience, I'm left wondering if the difference between you and me is that I have a paid plan. The line that I had them disable voicemail in it's entirety was the paid line. I have not requested this on the free line since that line is rarely used.

Either that, or they do not want to do this (completely remove the voicemail option) anymore.

More
1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #41498 by Frasier1
Replied by Frasier1 on topic FU 'support' ?? LOLz !!!
What RoadRanger said is true. I have FU and have my calls "conditional call forward" to YouMail using the 3 codes he listed above!

Try putting a # at the end of the code instead of hitting send
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #41500 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
OK, so...please tell me:

Frasier1 wrote: What RoadRanger said is true. I have FU and have my calls "conditional call forward" to YouMail using the 3 codes he listed above!

Try putting a # at the end of the code instead of hitting send

Do you mean by the above=>
*71[10-digit Google Voice Number]#
Vs.
*71#[10-digit Google Voice Number]

Then hit 'send', or does it go forward somehow on its own ??

Thanks !!

More
1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #41501 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Many, many moons ago - during the era of 80286 CPUs, I shared a house with a man who surely qualified as a brilliant coder - mostly because he made loads of $$$ from his works.

How does this relate with FU you may ask ?!? (Good question)

He hated doing anything EXCEPT coding - had zero business or management skills - and was firmly determined that he was FAR smarter than everyone else.

So he hired the cheapest help possible - a seriously desperate couple with time limitations & children ('under the table', of course...), she to manage the 'office' and he to provide tech support.

Fast forward some months to the result=>
His customers fled in droves & he went broke.

The FU folks seem (via this user's exposure) to be quite similar & will likely out-clever themselves enough to send potentially paying customers RUNNING for a better alternative.

I have gotten into this at the 'free' level with an actual expense of ~$6 for the SIM & a much larger expense of my time & efforts in trying to make it useful for me - which have thus far failed 100%.

So I'm with Tech-stitch on this one - they just don't 'feel like' helping the 'free' customers - thus assuring that we will most likely NEVER consider paying them - which just ain't very shmart, shmart !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frasier1

More
1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #41502 by Frasier1
Replied by Frasier1 on topic FU 'support' ?? LOLz !!!
Once you hit pound it should send the code but if it doesn't only then hit send. as always YMMV

Also I use to have Red Pocket and if I remember right they had a feature where you could say haw many rings before VM picks up. For example you could say pick up after 10 rings which solves the problem of it picking up before Google Voice.

It can be a pain to work out for sure, but once you get it done...it's done!

I've had H2O, Airvoice, Tello, Red Pocket, Ultra, Freedom Pop, Powertel, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, CellNuvo, RingPlus, PagePlus, Truphone, as well as others I cant remember and they all present challenges. Especially when you add in Ooma, Google Voice, and Obi to the mix as I have.

I started with a "bag" phone (3 watts) I got from Service Merchandise back in the mid 80's and it came with ZERO free min and 50 cents a min for analogue cell service. (plus a monthly fee) Boy, we have come a long way!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
1 week 5 days ago #41507 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FU 'support' ?? LOLz !!!
@Extraterrestrial_Zoologist Since @Frasier1 has advised FU supports conditional call forwarding, you can also try the following (follow instructions for AT&T): support.google.com/voice/answer/165656

Call forward if unanswered: *61*1234567890#
Call forward if unreachable: *62*1234567890#
Call forward if busy: *67*1234567890#

Replace "1234567890" with your 10-digit GV#.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist, Frasier1

More
1 week 5 days ago #41508 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Like you I've had many of the same providers over the years:

Frasier1 wrote: ...
I've had H2O, Airvoice, Tello, Red Pocket, Ultra, Freedom Pop, Powertel, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, CellNuvo, RingPlus, PagePlus, Truphone, as well as others I cant remember and they all present challenges. Especially when you add in Ooma, Google Voice, and Obi to the mix as I have.

I started with a "bag" phone (3 watts) I got from Service Merchandise back in the mid 80's and it came with ZERO free min and 50 cents a min for analogue cell service. (plus a monthly fee) Boy, we have come a long way!

And also like yourself - I was among the 1st 100 analog cellular users in Vermont with a truly wonderful bag phone !!

In terms of the entire subject of phone usage nowadays - I find that GV is most useful & to have FU without it grabbing calls away from GV is a total non-starter for FU, as simple as that.

@St3fx:
Thanks for the further info !!
The FU geniuses must have implemented blocks for ALL codes as I only get the same response with any of those suggested by he kind & helpful folks here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frasier1, st3fx

More
1 week 4 days ago #41515 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic FU 'support' ?? LOLz !!!
@Extraterrestrial_Zoologist:
Some handsets may require an extra * (asterisk) at the beginning. Try **004*...
productforums.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!msg/voice/O0tm-EVufGw/awXHetefTwoJ .