End of rewards program

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #40820 by puppydude
Just received the following text from FreeUP.....

"Good day! We're notifying you that our Rewards program is ending on Sept 30, 2019. Your unused Reward dollars balance will be transferred to your mobile account by October 3, 2019. We apologize for any inconvenience. FreeUP Mobile"

Gotta love this stuff.lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #40826 by Diedrich_Duo
Replied by Diedrich_Duo on topic End of rewards program
Whoever uttered the famous quote, "Change is inevitable," was a very wise and prescient person. Perhaps (s)he worked for or subscribed to an MVNO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #40827 by Frasier1
Replied by Frasier1 on topic End of rewards program
Did they say if anything was going to replace it? Are the "free" plans going away?

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #40830 by puppydude
Replied by puppydude on topic End of rewards program

Frasier1 wrote: Did they say if anything was going to replace it? Are the "free" plans going away?

That is the entire text so all the info I have.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #40831 by puppydude
Replied by puppydude on topic End of rewards program
Copied from the FreeUP rewards page.
https://freeupmobile.com/rewards FREEUP REWARDS

"WHY ARE YOU ENDING YOUR REWARDS PROGRAM?
Unfortunately, we are no longer able to continue our partnership with the Rewards program.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO MY REWARDS?
You current Rewards balance will be transferred to your mobile account and applied towards your monthly balance.

I NEED THE REWARDS BALANCE TO PAY MY BILL
We still offer our Free Plan and extremely competitive Global plans.

WILL YOU BE OFFERING THE REWARDS PROGRAM AGAIN IN THE FUTURE?
We do not currently have any plans to offer another Rewards program."
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #40834 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic End of rewards program
It sounds like our reward balances have been residing on Billaway's servers and, now that the relationship has been severed, the balances are being transferred to FreeUp's servers. I don't think it will have any discernable impact on what most of us are currently doing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: realLexusl21, Frasier1

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #40836 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic End of rewards program
FU had for all intents and purposes ended the rewards program when the coupon option ended, for the other rewards avenues were pretty much useless. A change of name for FU might be in order since paying one's bill with earned rewards was integral to the "Free" part of the name. Perhaps "Global Mobile" would fit the bill. At least the free plan will stay for now, and some of us got 8 or 9 months or more of a paid plan for "free" via rewards. We'll have to see how going purely global works out for FU. Nice that our rewards will be able to be used until gone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frasier1

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #40841 by vt4702
Replied by vt4702 on topic End of rewards program
I'm disappointed but not too upset over the rewards. I was always willing to pay $10 for the unlimited text talk and a spits worth of data but if the $10 plan goes away and I have to get $15 I will probably look for some other options. Are there any other ATT MVNO that offer unlimited talk and text for $10?

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #40842 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic End of rewards program

vt4702 wrote: I'm disappointed but not too upset over the rewards. I was always willing to pay $10 for the unlimited text talk and a spits worth of data but if the $10 plan goes away and I have to get $15 I will probably look for some other options. Are there any other ATT MVNO that offer unlimited talk and text for $10?

Using the comparison tool on prepaidcompare.net, no one beats the $10 plan for unlimited talk/text on AT&T, even with autopay discount.

At the $15 level, PIx and Good2Go Mobile match the price on AT&T, with double the data (1gb instead of FreeUP's 500mb), but likely without the the global calling feature.

At the $20 level, Red Pocket beats FreeUp on cost, but requires 12-month purchase. Good2Go matches the cost, but with additional data (and likely without the global calling feature.)

FreeUP is still very competitive if you need unlimited talk/text on AT&T (and especially if you can make use of the global calling feature), and perhaps not that competitive if you need a lot less than unlimited t/t.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frasier1, vt4702

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #40844 by tech-stitch
Replied by tech-stitch on topic End of rewards program
Funny! I guess they can't make up their minds cause I got this on the same day you are getting that...

Greetings!

We
just wanted to check in and share more ways for you to earn free wireless service with FreeUP Mobile.

SHOP

We
have partnered with over 50 retailers. When you shop with them online, a percentage of what you spend comes back as credits towards your FreeUP Mobile wireless plan. So, when you are shopping for yourself, buying presents for your friends and family, make
sure you use FreeUP Mobile Rewards link to your favorite stores to get started.

DEALS

Check
out our DEALS. One of our most popular deals is Coupons.com. Simply click on the Coupons.com deal card, select the coupons for the grocery items you buy, and hit print. It’s that easy! Each DAY that you print a coupon, you earn $0.24. If you do that every
day, you will earn over $7 in free credits each month. Remember, it can take few days for your credits to appear.

Don’t
wait on getting your wireless service for free! Start earning today!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo, puppydude