coupons dead? gone? FreeUP has gone bad?

More
5 months 1 week ago #40671 by KentE

Isamorph wrote: Mine, too. And FWIW, I recently changed one of my $15 plans to a free plan and my account summary lists the change correctly. I had transferred all of my rewards balance on that plan to my other plan before making the change.

Interesting-- I had always assumed moving to a paid plan was a one-way street, with no return to the free plan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #40672 by KentE

st3fx wrote: At present, none of the billaway.com websites hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) are loading or responding to pings. As @Chelle mentioned, definitely possible Billaway is doing some maintenance. Or their AWS hosting is offline for other reasons.

Since rewards balances are back on FreeUP, I checked some of the other Billaway sites-- they're back up and running, too. I think we can safely assume that this was a Billaway reporting issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #40673 by Isamorph

KentE wrote:

Isamorph wrote: Mine, too. And FWIW, I recently changed one of my $15 plans to a free plan and my account summary lists the change correctly. I had transferred all of my rewards balance on that plan to my other plan before making the change.

Interesting-- I had always assumed moving to a paid plan was a one-way street, with no return to the free plan.

I was a bit surprised, too. I was going to cancel the account altogether but decided to click on the "change plan" button out of curiosity. The 250 minutes free plan along with the global plan options( but none of the old US, Canada, and Mexico plans ) came up, so I thought why not keep the free plan alive. Perhaps a retention ploy. It should work on everyone's account page and can be checked by clicking on the aforementioned "change plan" button to see what's there.

Also of note, it's interesting that the billaway coupon site is still exactly as it was and still asks for a phone verification check. I'm too lazy to try printing a coupon, but maybe someone else will print to see if rewards are granted in a hail Mary attempt to see if coupon printing has risen from the dead, for after all FU never really properly notified its customers of its demise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
5 months 1 week ago #40674 by joeuser
Coupon printing is working now.

More
5 months 1 week ago #40675 by Isamorph

joeuser wrote: Coupon printing is working now.

Good to know, but will one get rewarded. It worked before with no rewards, so will have to see.

More
5 months 1 week ago #40676 by KentE
It is odd that of the 'sister' billaway sites (linked some time ago by st3fx), only Freeup.billaway.com still has visible coupons. The other sites have either had the coupon category removed, or coupons simply don't load when the coupon category is selected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #40677 by tech-stitch
Since I use coupons anyway, I'll run a test tonight and see if crediting takes place. I don't it will work because recently I used their site and did not see any crediting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #40678 by Diedrich_Duo

Isamorph wrote:

Good to know, but will one get rewarded. It worked before with no rewards, so will have to see.

Given my track record (about the same as @peterquinn's), I doubt I will ever get any coupon credits, but I'll give it another try and see what happens. Hope springs eternal! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #40679 by Isamorph

Diedrich_Duo wrote:

Isamorph wrote:

Given my track record (about the same as @peterquinn's), I doubt I will ever get any coupon credits, but I'll give it another try and see what happens. Hope springs eternal! :)

If it ain't working, you can't break it. By trying, you've nothing to lose but may be rewarded.:dry: Saw that in a fortune cookie.

More
5 months 1 week ago #40704 by tech-stitch
Oops! I forgot to print the coupon but I got this today.
Attachments: