Rewards Missing

More
6 days 3 hours ago #40225 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Rewards Missing

tech-stitch wrote: Yep, I had a bad feeling about people printing mad coupons and not using any or very few. In our case, we use many but still, many went unused thus our percentage also went down.

As far as the plans, it looks like they are honoring the change to the 1GB for 15 on my end (submitted prior to the changes and shows online as the upcoming plan). Time will tell how long this lasts.

Glad to hear your existing plan renewed! It's worth watching for the first renewals requested after the posted plan changes. As has been pointed out, FreeUP has been good about grandfathering existing plans, but time will tell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo, st3fx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 days 3 hours ago #40253 by thatrude
Replied by thatrude on topic Rewards Missing
Wow, I haven't checked my freeup account page in the past week since the coupons went away. Glad I missed all of this, I got lucky and skipped some stress. crossing my fingers freeup can stay afloat since it's worked out for me so well (plus all the credit I still have).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
5 days 1 hour ago #40254 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Rewards Missing

tech-stitch wrote: Yep, I had a bad feeling about people printing mad coupons and not using any or very few. In our case, we use many but still, many went unused thus our percentage also went down.

As far as the plans, it looks like they are honoring the change to the 1GB for 15 on my end (submitted prior to the changes and shows online as the upcoming plan). Time will tell how long this lasts.

Yes, mad coupons provided by the Mad Men and women of the ginormous advertising industry, which has a huge, sophisticated data analytics base that allows companies to crunch the numbers and predict who will buy what when, where, as well as at what price, and which is an industry who thinks it knows the best way to convince consumers to buy. However, that said, we FU customers contracted with FU, not ad companies, and in doing so we hoped that the founders of FU had performed due diligence on the companies they would be contracting with and relying on for their business to succeed. Yet everyone's knowledge base, no matter how much work went into acquiring it, is limited, and grave mistakes do happen because of this, or due to lack of due diligence. So I'm pretty sure the ad companies had a clear idea as to what percentage of ads, out of 210 ads printed a month per individual account, would actually be used to purchase products, which was probably a one-digit number. Thus I suspect the ad companies were little surprised by the redemption numbers of FU users, but rather FU was surprised by the behavior of the ad company they chose, which FU has little leverage to change. On the bright side, if on my two accounts, I had actually purchased the 420 products using my printed coupons, I'd likely weigh 420 pounds and be out thousands of dollars spent on the new pantry and large refrigerator needed to preserve and keep cool my discounted products. Anyway, below is a link to a few thoughts from people who supposedly worked in the ad world talking about non-payments.

"Ad networks are notorious for banning people as soon as they request a payout."

www.quora.com/What-can-a-publisher-do-if-an-ad-network-doesnt-pay-earnings
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo, Frasier1